Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Article in current issue of View Camera

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Article in current issue of View Camera

In the current issue of View Camera (January/February, 2012), Eric Biggerstaff has an excellent article discussing small photo groups and suggestions for organizing and maintaining such groups. I have been in several such groups and found them to be very helpful; I would second his suggestion to looking into organizing a group around your interests. As a real plus, the article is beautifully illustrated with a photograph by each member of his Denver-area group. I have had the pleasure of meeting the members of the group and as you can see from the photographs, they and the group seem to be working very well!

Wayne
    Wayne Lambert
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    www.waynelambert.net

Re: Article in current issue of View Camera

Great to hear from you Wayne. We really enjoyed your time in the Denver LF Photographer Group and hope we can all see more of your marvelous photographers in person. We have been talking about a road trip to New Mexico and hope we can make it happen.

I second the great job that Eric did in authoring the article and describing the marvelous attributes of participating in such a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post

I second the great job that Eric did in authoring the article and describing the marvelous attributes of participating in such a group.
    Hi Michael,

Congratulations to Eric and to the other members of the group for the article, and for your commitment to photography. I was especially glad to see your print in the magazine as it reminded me of the great road trips we made through Wyoming and Montana some years ago. Hope to see more of your work in publication in the future.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

If anyone is up in between Denver and Utah (I'm in Glenwood Springs), I'd be happy to put together a group up here. I shoot on a wisner 4x5.

Regards,
    ~Joel

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Hi Michael,

Congratulations to Eric and to the other members of the group for the article, and for your commitment to photography. I was especially glad to see your print in the magazine as it reminded me of the great road trips we made through Wyoming and Montana some years ago. Hope to see more of your work in publication in the future.

Sandy
    Thanks Sandy. I truly enjoyed our time in the field and hope that we can do it again. The group has been the reminder to me that I need to allocate more of my time printing.

The New England Large Format Photography Collective is centered in New England. We are a group of presently 24, most New England states, California, Texas, Wisconsin and Florida.

We meet quarterly and usually hold an annual Large Format weekend where we bring in some national talent and enjoy fellowship among those who embraced the upside down image.

Additionally, leading off this March 29 - April 1,2012 Large Format weekend we partner with a local Cancer Center for an exhibition of approximately 100 images where all monies raised go to surviving cancer patients day to day needs.

You may see some terrific images, many donated by frequent contributors and moderators on this very forum. http://www.nelfpc.com/rog-2012/

Real photographs are born wet !

www.PowerOfProcessTips.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherman View Post
    The New England Large Format Photography Collective is centered in New England. We are a group of presently 24, most New England states, California, Texas, Wisconsin and Florida.

We meet quarterly and usually hold an annual Large Format weekend where we bring in some national talent and enjoy fellowship among those who embraced the upside down image.

Additionally, leading off this March 29 - April 1,2012 Large Format weekend we partner with a local Cancer Center for an exhibition of approximately 100 images where all monies raised go to surviving cancer patients day to day needs.

You may see some terrific images, many donated by frequent contributors and moderators on this very forum. http://www.nelfpc.com/rog-2012/
    I hope to make it out to your area one of these days to sit in on one of your meetings. I checked out your groups philanthropic efforts and it put a big smile on my face. What a great idea.

During a recent business trip to Cleveland I was able to meet some of the great members of the local group there. We had a great dinner and John Powers was kind enough to organize a field trip and let me burn some sheet film in his marvelous Phillips 8x10. If anyone gets to the Denver area during the second weekend of the month please let us know. We would love to have a visitor drop by.

Michael,

I'm in Parker. Would there be a chance to meet some of the group in the near future?

I'm currently shooting a Zone VI (Tachihara) and an Anniv. Speed Graphic. I would love to get in touch with local, Denver Area, like-minded photographers.

Dave Held

I'm in grand rapids, michigan. There doesn't seem to be any LF groups (or photgraphy groups) for that matter around here. Sorry, lighthouses, pets, senior portrait fauxtographers, don't count!

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    I'm in grand rapids, michigan. There doesn't seem to be any LF groups (or photgraphy groups) for that matter around here. Sorry, lighthouses, pets, senior portrait fauxtographers, don't count!
    All you need are like minded photographers and a leader. That is what we did in Denver as we did not have a formed group as well. that way you can set the parameters for the group. Seems to me that without any groups the ground should be fertile.