Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Article in current issue of View Camera

Is that his real surname?
    ;-)

Re: Article in current issue of View Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Merg Ross View Post
    Michael, I too enjoyed Eric's article, please let him know if he doesn't check in here. I am not a "group" person, but the occasional photo companion does add to the experience, especially noting how differently shared subject matter is interpreted.

You have mastered large format, Old #22 looks terrific!
    I will surely let Eric know at our next get together. There are several that do get together to make photographs and maintain a personal relationship outside of the group. I find the majority of my time in the field is venturing out by myself exploring different areas as Colorado and the surrounding areas are very broad and diverse. The organizational component of the get togethers mandates new work as each month we are expected to bring prints to show and discuss. We have celebrated our one year anniversary so while we have become familiar with each other and our tendencies, the challenge is to reach for new levels of creativity. The whole experience and the encouragement that accompanies the process has been great. Many Thanks!

New Orleans, LA

Looking forward to reading this article. We have a group of large format photographers who have gotten together once a month for the past three months and have had a lot of fun doing it. Yesterday we had seven photographers, one significant other and two babies on the outing. It's a great way to get to know each other and help each other out with technical and aesthetic questions.

Our Midwest group has/tries-to-have monthly outings and an annual print review. It's very enlightening to see a mixed group of photographers capture differing images from the same subjects. It helps 'seeing' immensely. It was a great article as well.

John

Zebra

The article was very nice as well as all of the imagery. There was a great deal of diversity in the group which was nice to see. I have been meeting with a group of large format wet plate artists going on 8 years now. Every summer we meet at someone's house and share resources etc for about a week. Although I most often wish to be alone when photographing once a year this is a great experience. I posted this link when I was promoting our show, but for those that missed that in the fall I'll re post it here as it is appropriate to the thread. For those that saw it the first time around I'll apologize in advance for the re post.

as well as our website,

www.masterplaters.com

best,

Monty

Eric Biggerstaff

Thanks for the feedback everyone and I am glad you enjoyed the article. It was fun to write and it is fun to have a group who enjoys each other. Don't let not having an active group in your area stop you from forming one of your own. It only takes a few people who are interested to get one going. If you are interested in starting one, then post it here and on APUG for starters and see what happens, you never know.
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

Eric Biggerstaff

Dave,

I am in Parker, send me a note sometime and we will get together.

Eric
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

Eric Biggerstaff

Wayne,

We miss you up here but I hope to make it down to Santa Fe this summer, if so I will let you know.
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

Quote Originally Posted by Monty McCutchen View Post
    The article was very nice as well as all of the imagery. There was a great deal of diversity in the group which was nice to see. I have been meeting with a group of large format wet plate artists going on 8 years now. Every summer we meet at someone's house and share resources etc for about a week. Although I most often wish to be alone when photographing once a year this is a great experience. I posted this link when I was promoting our show, but for those that missed that in the fall I'll re post it here as it is appropriate to the thread. For those that saw it the first time around I'll apologize in advance for the re post.

as well as our website,

www.masterplaters.com

best,

Monty
    What a well done video. Absolutely excellent. Ditto for the images. You guys have taken wet plate to new levels. I have a whole new appreciation for what you guys do.

What a well done video. Absolutely excellent. Ditto for the images. You guys have taken wet plate to new levels. I have a whole new appreciation for what you guys do.
    Yes that isn't your great grandfather's wetplate!
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"