Hello, my name is Jim. I've been enjoying photography for years since I was kid and my mom take me out with her. With my little blue 110 Fisher-Price. She then got me a K1000 to really learn, I eventually got to use her Canon, and occasionally her TLR. I kind of lost interest when I decided on my first "high end" slr, EOS system camera (should have stayed with K1000 I guess). So I was dormant for about 8 years or so, I started up again a year and a half back, figuring I'll give digital shot. Or a few thousand shots. Those few thousand shots are why I want to return to film. I don't enjoy how I at one time had amazing patience to get a good picture, to how I now just seem to throw a bucket of paint at a wall.

So here I am, I've always wanted to try LF, and a recent sale of equipment my awesome mom was able to snap up a toyo 4x5 in great shape, and a full array of backs, holders, a meter, cables, etc. I've picked up some material, "Using the View Camera" re-reading, "The Camera," and oh boy am I going to be needing some help. I'll try to keep the basics out and if I mess up that, sorry in advance. So I'll be picking up my 20+ lbs of gear on Sunday and try to sort that out, because all I know is it's a Toyo (not sure the model, as I wasn't picky at the price, over the phone purchase) and a 90mm f8 SA schneider... hopefully it's ready to roll, and I'm ready to dust off the rust.