Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Issues shipping to Australia?

Issues shipping to Australia?

I've got a potential buyer for my lens in Australia. Any recent experience shipping to Australia?
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Re: Issues shipping to Australia?

They have FEDEX and UPS ... I just received a package from Brisbane using Australia Post, took about a week and half..... sending USPS priority International is a good way thats not as expensive as FEDEX. If you use Paypal they help fill out the papers for international mail...really easy anyway......over the years i have sent maybe 10 packages to our friends down under with no problems....

If you use Paypal they help fill out the papers for international mail...really easy anyway...
    Wasn't aware of this,. How does that work?
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

USPS should work fine; I send via Canada Post, with tracking if budget allows.
    Without tracking, via Air Mail, it usually takes same amount of time as with tracking, about 10-14 days, and I've never had a problem.
    When possible, I try to fudge the declared value, so they pay a little less in VAT or Customs, but don't tell anyone

I've received two lenses from OZ in the past year. No problems...about 10 days total transit time with Aussie Post.
    As suggested, probably better to use USPS with tracking.

Go with USPS Express Mail with insurance, includes tracking. If you click on print shipping label in paypal, it will have you fill out all the info and pay for the label. You do need a clear adhesive label holder to affix the 3 copies.

Jon
    my black and white photos of the Mendocino Coast: jonshiu.zenfolio.com

I've been sending priority int'l packages to Australia every other week for many years now. Delivery TO Australia has slowed considerably in the last year, but everything has always gotten there, just not as quickly as it used to. Priority forms are pretty easy to fill out, regardless of whether you use a flat-rate box or not. I use Endicia, but I believe even USPS.com will print out the forms for int'l priority, just not first class parcel.

Richard

PS - if the lens you are shipping is an expensive one, I agree with Jon and would use USPS Global Express with tracking and insurance, not int'l priority.

i use paypal for shipping when someone buys something from me.... go to the shipping tap and fill in the blanks....if international .... it prints the forms and postage on these forms... cut the forms and sign and date... couldn't be easier.... with all the pain in the a#s that paypal can be and the 3 percent they make.... i find that in the long run its worth for what they do.....

as above there are many ways to send.... but our mail system i believe is the best in the world.....

Kirk,

There's absolutely no issues in sending gear to Australia. Like Ari, I've also sent items via Canada Post and it's always been quite an efficient process.

[But, declaring a value other than what you received for the item can cause legal issues. There's also insurance valuation to consider as well.]

However, do NOT ship in ANY containers related to fruits (Apple box). They WILL quarantine the container for a period of time. This actually happened!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!