Thread: finding back part of rodenstock grandagon lens

finding back part of rodenstock grandagon lens

I just got an Rodenstock Grandagon 90mm f4.5 but there is quit some lens seperation in the back part. I am new to large format photography. Is there any reasonable chance of finding a owner that has a bad front so I can take over his back or do I have to save the effort of searching? As far as I can tell it is not a very common lens? Thanks!

Re: finding back part of rodenstock grandagon lens

If you don't like it and can't get the seller to take it back, try shooting it. I suggest this because I have a 58/5.6 Grandagon that has very bad separations -- rings of fire around some elements in both cells, silvery spots in the middle, ... -- that is quite usable.

Re: finding back part of rodenstock grandagon lens

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    If you don't like it and can't get the seller to take it back, try shooting it. I suggest this because I have a 58/5.6 Grandagon that has very bad separations -- rings of fire around some elements in both cells, silvery spots in the middle, ... -- that is quite usable.
    Thank you, that is a encouraging thought. I would be amezed if it doesn't affect the lens porformance, but I surely give it a try!