Since September I've managed to expose only 6 sheets of LF film. Work is killing things. Constant 10 to 12 hour days leave me so tired and with so little time for photography. What little time i do have on weekends I just find it impractical to shoot LF. I lack motivation to deal with the hassle of the format. Trying to shoot LF often stresses me out whereas I get a big buzz shooting my slrs (film and digital). Shooting lf is time consuming and expensive. I lack inspiration for projects or themes that I feel merit the use of LF. Last week i had a week climbing Scottish hills, a welcome break from work stress. A beautiful landscape but not one easily photographed in lf unless there with the express purpose of photography. I was there to climb and hike. No way could I have hauled lf kit all week in Highland winter conditions. Thank goodness for big pockets in goretex jackets and a canon digi p&s. I wonder what the point of having 150 sheets of 5x7 in the fridge is if I never get round to shooting it. As for printing? It's been months since I've been in the darkroom. I haven't even scanned the few sheets of LF that i have shot this year.

Perhaps when I retire i'll have the time and patience for large format. Right now I feel about ready to sell my LF film to someone who'll shoot something worthwhile with it. Cameras and lenses i'll keep as one day I might get to really use them properly. In the meantime I'm just not feeling LF.

For all the forum members here shooting great stuff inLF. I don't know how you manage it. Credit to you.