Hi guys,

So I recently moved into a new apartment and brought my Epson 4990 with me. I sat down to scan some film and found that the prescan was taking much longer than usual and when it was done, was a streaky, noisy mess that looked nothing like it should. I was scanning on a laptop that has a newer operating system than the one I typically used, but I updated the drivers, and even downloaded a trial version of VueScan to see if it was the software (I'm using SilverFast) and had no luck. I'm assuming it's not the scanning software now. I did forget to lock the scanner heads while I was transporting it, but it's not as if it was getting knocked around in the process. The only conclusion I can come to is that in the process of moving, something did happen to the scanner heads, but I'm really hoping it doesn't come to that. Also, I tried reflective scanning and that seems to be working fine oddly enough. Only scanning in transparent mode appears to be a problem. Maybe it's a problem with the connection between the two? I'm attaching an image of what the scanner was coming up with. Just for some technical info...My laptop is a MacBook Pro and currently has Snow Leopard, or Mac OS X 10.6.8 installed. The scanner is an Epson Perfection 4990 Photo scanner and the software I have been using is SilverFast 6.4.3. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	69706