Thread: Problem printing in Lightroom

Problem printing in Lightroom

This is probably a stupid noob question, but here goes:

When I select any manufacturer's paper profile in the Color Management section of the print pane of Lightroom, I get locked out of the Advanced Color Settings in the Print Settings dialog box - I get the message "Epson Driver Color Management is Off". When I select Managed by Printer, I am then able to take advantage of the Advanced Color Settings adjustments.

Is there something in my set up that prevents me from using Advanced Color Settings and a specific manufacturer's profile simultaneously? I have a friend who claims to do both in the same version of Lightroom, though I have not seen this personally.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Problem printing in Lightroom

So when you select a specific profile for a paper, you can't have access to the advanced color settings. Profiles have their own color settings embedded in the software that's preset by the manufacturer. If you don't want to use a profile you can go into the advanced color settings and make your own adjustments, but you won't be able to use the profile as well. It's like telling your printer you're a democrat but then you vote republican I'm not sure what your pal is talking about, but I've never been able to use a preset profile and the color settings on an epson printer before. You have to choose one or the other, or opt to make your own profile.

I usually print in advanced b&w mode, but I can't access profiles for say Canson Baryta. In the media dialogue box I choose a paper that matches very closely to my paper, and adjust the platen gap. My prints turn out perfect, but this method works for me and others might have another way of doing it. If you were to use the advanced color settings it'd be the same as the advanced b&w. I hope this makes a little bit of sense!