Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird pattern in processed film

Re: Weird pattern in processed film

Polyglot. All I can say is DUH!. That's what I get for answering when I need a nap. I just pulled the roll of backing out of the trash and there is indeed a pattern that faintly shows over the entire white outer surface. So now the questions is, what creates this pattern? Could it be some sort of out-gassing from the paper, or a raised printing artifact from the paper manufacturing process that literally embosses on the film? A chemical reaction between the inks in the white outer coating? Any ideas?
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg

Jay, I agree. It is very similar. Could this be a problem with the paper manufacturing process in European papers as compared to other manufacturers? If so, I would think it would appear more often, but I'm open to suggestions. Maybe an aging issue that causes a breakdown of the coating components in the paper?
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg

Les

My first thought was "reticulation"....but that would mean that you'd use higher temp in your chemicals....it does have somewhat similar look. Is it possible that the film was cooked....I mean it sat in warmer places than it should have ? Not sure....though I don't take chances and refrigerate the film. Another anomaly is moisture getting into the film and then being processed. I had mot. pict film processed after the 35mm cartridge swam in the cooler....I just want to say, forgetaboutit! Need an emicon with rolling eyes.

Les