I am a photographer who sometimes contributes to this forum. But I work professionally as a scholarly publisher and book designer. Currently, I am designing a book for a fine non-profit publisher who specializes in poetry books written by authors who are over sixty years old. Their upcoming book was written by a writer who lives in the Lost Coast area of California. I am looking for a photograph for the cover, b&w or color. Lost Coast is a spectacularly beautiful part of California, so I am sure that some of you have explored that shoreline and forest.

You will receive full credit in the book, copies of the book, and a small honorarium. This request is for one-time use. You will retain copyright, and the book will have a copyright notice in your name.

I do not want photographs that are on stock photography sites. This book is intelligent, evocative, and accomplished. I hope to find a cover photograph that embodies those qualities. Please send me a low res image via email: michael.alpert@umit.maine.edu. I'll be back in touch to let you know if the publisher wants to go ahead with your image. We will then make arrangements for the transfer of a high-res file.