Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Double exposure or other techniques for controlling high contrast scenes?

Re: Double exposure or other techniques for controlling high contrast scenes?

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    That's called flashing, and as I learned one exposes to a gray card to about Zone 1 with their expected film and development technique.

Rick "who'd be tempted to have an associate fire a big potato-masher flash on the front of that church during the exposure" Denney
    To see an example of what can be done using the flash gun approach check out Weegee's shot of the fire at the frankfurter packing plant. I think he used a G.E. 22 flash bulb, open flash.

How do you prevent camera movement when you manipulate the shutter for the second exposure?

Preston Birdwell

How do you prevent camera movement when you manipulate the shutter for the second exposure?
    Kinda like two porcupines making love; very carefully.

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

Marko,

I would like to know which lens you are using here(the Torg photo). There are no star points from the lights, I find that interesting. And flare is superbly missing.

Very remarkable photos.

edit, Personally I like the church as is, dark, like that(I like the contrast of the old tower vs the new tower). But I am sure you could pull it up a stop with careful burning under your enlarger. Or even easier in Lightroom if your workflow is digital. I would bet there is usable detail in that shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardSperry View Post
    Marko,

I would like to know which lens you are using here(the Torg photo). There are no star points from the lights, I find that interesting. And flare is superbly missing.

Very remarkable photos.
    Thank you for the complements. The lens used was the 72xl