Thread: Inkjet Printing in NYC

Inkjet Printing in NYC

'ello

I'm trying to get three images printed to show in late March. Two 40x50" 1 2 and one about 40x95" 3.

I've considered doing preflighted prints but I'd really like to have control and do several test prints.

Ideally I'd be looking to rent/use an Epson 9900 or 9880, I would obviously provide my own paper and pay for ink costs. I could even do proofing on my smaller Epson with the same paper profile and just re-use that on the bigger printer to move things along faster.

www.john-sanderson.com

Re: Inkjet Printing in NYC

This probably isn't as close as you want, but if you want to plan a day trip to the Catskills, you could use the "Digital Kitchen" at the Center for Photography at Woodstock. You can bring your own paper and just pay for the ink. The don't have Epsons, but they equivalent Canon's. I have done this before when needing to print larger than my Epson 4800, and it worked out well.

Thanks Greg. I checked them out but it looks like their Canons only go to 24".

After reading one of Noah Adis' posts where he mentions renting Inkjets in Philly, I did a search on Philly and found this:

Philly Photo Arts

Looking promising...?

bdkphoto

Beth Schiffer - they are digital c prints rental output, printspace- pricey ink jets or you might consider taking a class at ICP and have access to their wide format printers etc. All the other places are custom printing labs that will run several hundred for a print to start.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmsanderson View Post
    Thanks Greg. I checked them out but it looks like their Canons only go to 24".

After reading one of Noah Adis' posts where he mentions renting Inkjets in Philly, I did a search on Philly and found this:

Philly Photo Arts

Looking promising...?

Looks pretty reasonable to me. If Noah recommends them, I wouldn't hesitate.

I have never used them but ICP has a Epson 9800 & 9880 available in their Digital Lab. Might be worth a call to see what their rates are: Hourly Digital Lab Rental - 212.857.0077

Gilbert Plantinga

If you're considering coming upstate, I can do this with you on my 9800 in New Paltz, I can site Greg as a reference, and if you're using your own paper we can make it affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Gilbert Plantinga View Post
    If you're considering coming upstate, I can do this with you on my 9800 in New Paltz, I can site Greg as a reference, and if you're using your own paper we can make it affordable.
    Yes, Gilbert has done a great job with my prints. His paper profiles blew away what I was doing on my 4800.

Check out Carl Saytor at Lux Labs on Christie St. A hell of a guy, reasonable prices and a master printer. Plus he's got a 50" Chromira printer that'll make those pics sing.

Yeah the folks at the Philly photo arts center really know their stuff. They do great prints themselves or they do rentals for reasonable hourly and ink rates.

I'm not affiliated in any way, just a satisfied customer.

Back when I was in NYC and doing lightjet c-prints, I used Beth Schiffer. It's also a great operation. Good luck with the show!