Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Brisbane LF meetup thread.

Re: Brisbane LF meetup thread.

Yes, very good to meet everyone yesterday. Thanks for organising it, Alex.

Stef, after we left you outside the pub we had a very brief 20mins or so of shooting time under the CC bridge before the darkness and mozzies descended. My single roll of 6x12s is drying now - I will post the best image or two later today. Thanks for posting your shot Emma - the Forceful looks a handsome old boat!

Also Stef, I was browsing the B&H website this morning. 20-sheet boxes of Velvia 50 (4x5) are currently US$52. Cheaper than your man on eB*y and fresh too. I will shortly be getting a bit of film etc from B&H, so let me know if you want anything at the same time...

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Ian David View Post
    Yes, very good to meet everyone yesterday. Thanks for organising it, Alex.

Stef, after we left you outside the pub we had a very brief 20mins or so of shooting time under the CC bridge before the darkness and mozzies descended. My single roll of 6x12s is drying now - I will post the best image or two later today. Thanks for posting your shot Emma - the Forceful looks a handsome old boat!

Also Stef, I was browsing the B&H website this morning. 20-sheet boxes of Velvia 50 (4x5) are currently US$52. Cheaper than your man on eB*y and fresh too. I will shortly be getting a bit of film etc from B&H, so let me know if you want anything at the same time...

Ian
    Yes- it was great to get together. Looking forward to the next one. Some nice tones in old forceful Emma. Looking forward to seeing what you came up with Ian.

Ian - thanks for the heads up on B+H. I haven't seen Velvia 50 there for some time! Current prices from my eBay guy are much higher than I have paid in the past. I just ordered 100 sheets from B+H. The price is only a bit more (delivered) than I last paid from eBay and as you say - it's likely to be a lot fresher! So thanks!

Are people busy with family things over Easter? Could be a good opportunity for a waterfall hike ... was thinking perhaps Easter Monday or something...

Landscape Addict

I'm not busy over easter. and I've also go from the 21st through to the 29th of April (inclusive) off work too.. Will definitely be planning on some shooting... Im good for whenever really, I just need a date to lock in with the family and all will be well... I am currently in training in preparation... I will start walking every day at least 4 kms carrying a backpack full of water bottles.. By the day of our walk I should be sweet...

I was doing the math on that 500sheet bulk pack this morning and wasn't too blown away by it, but the price and B+H isnt bad at all..

I only shot 3 frames last night, so I'll fill this roll during the week probably.... I was happy with what I saw on the GG last night so hopefully my metering didnt fail... Will be interesting to see the results.
    Chamonix 045N-2 - 65/5.6 - 90/8 - 210/5.6 - Fomapan 100 & T-Max 100 in Rodinal
    Alexartphotography

If you blokes don't mind me tagging along on your hike, I am generally free during the week after Easter, when I could take a whole day - Easter Monday or any other day that week would probably work.

Landscape Addict

For sure Ian. That was the whole idea of this thread... To get a bit of a group together and head out shooting...

I honestly can not wait to head into Lamington NP for the first time. I have been to all the NP's between Brisbane and Maroochydore but never down to lamington... So keen...
    Alexartphotography

girl cadet photographer miss_emma_jade's Avatar

http://www.flickr.com/photos/missemm...ream/lightbox/

what did everyone else end up with?? . id like a lighter camera too, but probably a bigger format.. will see
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower,
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
    And eternity in an hour.
    - William Blake

Here is the best of the few frames I shot. Not one for the wall, but gives a sense of where we were!
    (Ebony 45; 135mm lens; 6x12cm neg scan)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCBridge.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	70104

I like that shot Ian. What film / dev combo are you using? V700 scan?
    I have tried once or twice to get some thing I liked from that position without much success. Bit of a shame about all the cranes - but I guess that's progress...

Thanks Stef. That was HP5+ in ID-11 (1+1). Scanned on my old Epson 4870 - although it was a bit of a challenge to get this neg to lie as flat as I would like in the holder...

I don't mind the cranes too much. Slightly more dramatic light/clouds might have been nice though.

Landscape Addict

Nice shots Ian and Emma.

What I had on my GG looked similar but opposite to what Ian's image shows....

Stef, I bought most of whats required today to make my own processor... tubs, motor, rollers, heaters, thermometers, and a nifty little controller I designed that will have the motor rotate one way for 30 seconds (by my gearing calculations this will be 15 or so rotations of the drum, hence 30rpm) then automatically reverse for 30 seconds and continue until I switch off the power..

I read that the Jobo CPP is somewhere in the realm of 75rpm but that to me seemed chaotic. Obviously, its as easy as trimming a potentiometer to speed mine up to 75 should that be what is required (or a change of gear ratios)

The whole shebang including a drum and reels cost ~$300.. Now.. to build it... Given I have no spare time and have to wait for postage on some items, I would say I will be ready to go in a month or so... Will be able to do 4x120 rolls at a time using 440ml of chems. My plan is to shoot until I have 8 rolls to do, process all 8 off the same 440ml of chems (2 runs of 4) in the same day, and get 16 rolls from a 1L kit, works out to half the cost of Prolab, or a tiny $1.30 per 6x17 slide.

Alot cheaper than a $1500 jobo... I'm naming my creation, the Hobo...
    Alexartphotography