Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Brisbane LF meetup thread.

Re: Brisbane LF meetup thread.

I'd be up for the pinhole thing too - I bought a Skink pinhole lens for the 4x5 a while back that hasn't had much use yet!

Quote Originally Posted by miss_emma_jade View Post
    cool. there are more of us than i thought.. there is also world pinhole day at the end of april.. that might take some more planning. but whos up for that one?? id like to shoot some film though before then, love to see more of ur 6x17 set up, Alex, and generally share ideas.

girl cadet photographer miss_emma_jade's Avatar

yes that sounds good. Kangaroo pt and march 11th . Cant wait !!!
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower,
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
    And eternity in an hour.
    - William Blake

Landscape Addict

I wouldnt mind a skink pinhole... Might have to get one before april.

I think there is plenty of room at Kangaroo point across the top of the cliff to have a few of us shooting... I know Stef and Jason wont be able to make it, so it might only be 3 of us... I dont have to be too picky about where I am either, my camera has MASSIVE movements so I get away with plonking down just about anywhere...
    Chamonix 045N-2 - 65/5.6 - 90/8 - 210/5.6 - Fomapan 100 & T-Max 100 in Rodinal
    Alexartphotography

I kind of agree with Ian. One of the reasons I shoot LF is a serious attempt to be more contemplative about my work. As much as I love banging out frames and really enjoy looking at my ground glass...it's a seriously expensive undertaking.
    Having said that ... I would certainly attend a gathering for social reasons (if some want to go on to shoot that's up to them) and would bring my gear for people to see/fiddle with. Including my Pentax spot!
    I do think that group shoots will be fun but agree it will take a bit of care as many locations just won't handle 6 ultra wide LF cams unless we all want a shot of each other. This certainly applies to a hike at Lamo for example. Not many waterfall scenes there even support 2 cameras at once let alone 3 or 4. But... Obviously it can work with some patience...
    So... I would suggest the gathering on the 11th start slightly earlier (4 or 4.30?) somewhere we can have a drink and get to know each other and that can cope with whole bunch of massive camera bags. From there we can discuss one or more other group locations/shoots and people can shoot the city if they so desire. Who knows the sky might be amazing and I might not be able to help myself!
    We will need a designated meeting point... Won't we?
    I can be there on the 11th Alex. It's just that I probably can't bug out for a whole day of hiking Lamo until after Easter. Sorry for the confusion...
    Thoughts?

Landscape Addict

Awesome ideas.

A designated meeting point is a good idea. It just so happens that up the top of the cliff at Kangaroo point there is a nice little bar we could all stop in at to say g'day first off.. Earlier is better as you say, gives us all a chance to get there and to have a good yarn before we all disappear under dark cloths haha.

Like you say, for serious shooting its nice to be in a quiet location and a bit more contemplative. however I tend to like company.. I get lonely haha,

I will find out the address of the bar I metioned and make sure they are open sunday arvo's etc and post back asap...

from the bar, you may find that some want to head to the bottom of the cliffs for shooting, some up top, some (ultrawides) will want to get closer while people shooting 150+mm may want to be further back.. Spread out a bit I guess..

National park action will come later when everyone (Or most) can attend. As you say, patience is required, but if we spread out a bit, it will help us all achieve some great shots in a day I am sure... (unless, like my last shoot, you get a full days worth of shots and then your roll film holder jams up and faffs up a roll of film.. )
    Alexartphotography

I like company too! It's probably just more that shooting cityscapes is not so much my thing. I'm more a natural environment kind of guy ... :-)

So do you mean the Cliffs Cafe - right up the end of Riverview Tce? I thought that was more a sit-down restaurant kind of setup? It gets super crowded at sunset (they don't take bookings on weekends!)

If it works it's the perfect spot to hook up. If not - then maybe the Ship Inn or something - easy walk to either the top or bottom of the cliffs from there...just a touch further?

Landscape Addict

I hear you.. City scapes dont tickle my fancy either. I generally wont shoot a landscape if you can see a fence or powerlines in it.. however as a first meet for the Brissy LF crew I think somewhere central and easy to get to is a good idea.

Ship inn might be a good idea... I thought that cafe was a bar for some reason...
    Alexartphotography

Ship Inn would work for me

where is the ship inn? ill have to look on the map.
    And eternity in an hour.
    - William Blake

answered my own question. that works great for me!
    And eternity in an hour.
    - William Blake