Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Brisbane LF meetup thread.

Landscape Addict

Re: Brisbane LF meetup thread.

After looking at them with eyes that haven't been awake for 18hrs, The shots from gardeners falls are much more impressive than what I first displayed...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gardeners-Falls_1.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	72395
    Chamonix 045N-2 - 65/5.6 - 90/8 - 210/5.6 - Fomapan 100 & T-Max 100 in Rodinal
    Alexartphotography

Hey Alex. Not sure about this one mate - maybe the scanning but it looks a touch muddy to me? I also would like maybe a slighter longer exposure to add a touch more silk to the water.
    Still - for a shot with a meter a full stop under ... you've done well!
    I don't mind the second bridge shot - it's a very nicely balanced composition.
    When is the next gathering??

Landscape Addict

I have the next 9 days off so pick a day.. I am keen for seascaping, keen to find a waterfall.. Not too keen to walk any serious distance :P

The scans are AVERAGE!! to say the least... When I hold the slide up to the light I can clearly see all the foliage in the background and the rocks to the bottom left of the falls... I just can't get the old epson to suck the detail out of the darker areas... I need to upgrade to a V600 or V700/V750 Something with the oomph to attack Velvias velvety blacks...

I will be getting my mate to scan the ones from gardeners falls on his flextight 393 for me... That will sort out my dmax problems...
    Alexartphotography

Landscape Addict

oh yeah, and if that image was 1 stop brighter it would be MUCH better... That said, to have anything even remotely workable from a 1 stop under exposed velvia slide in a moderate contrast scene is a win!

I know from this bunch that I am on the right track... Make some minor adjustments to my procedures and I think I'll be set..
    Alexartphotography

Looking good Alex! I really like the composition of the last shot you posted. Will look more closely and comment further in the next couple of days, but I have an exam first thing in the morning, so gotta run now...

Landscape Addict

Good luck Ian!

Stef - Let me know when you're free mate - Keen to shoot almost anything anywhere.
    Alexartphotography

Quote Originally Posted by alexn View Post
    I have the next 9 days off so pick a day.. I am keen for seascaping, keen to find a waterfall.. Not too keen to walk any serious distance :P
    Any suggestions? Perhaps Thursday or Friday might work... Or maybe next week.... it'll be a bit hard to find something good waterfall-wise to shoot with no walk mate!
    Perhaps an early blast to Cartwright or Alex Heads....? If it's a sunrise Friday will be better than Thursday I think. Nice low tide Fri morning - sunrise @ 6.10. 0.7m tide at 6.24...

Landscape Addict

Done.. I'm happy with Alex Heads, I've done cartwright to death recently. Shot a ripper sunset tonight... was really really nice. I'm shooting Sommerset dam early tuesday morning. Thursday is out for me, the little one has an appointment at the cardiologist... Nothing to serious, they just want to do some scans and have a listen as she has a very slight heart murmur.

Friday AM it is... Got a suggested meeting point at Alex Heads?
    Alexartphotography

Landscape Addict

Had a great morning today on Shellys Beach in Caloundra.... Two rolls of film were shot and I think all but one are fairly reasonable... I did the old, Trigger the shutter, 'one-aaand, two-aaand, three-aaand... wow look at the way that wave created a series of waterfalls on those rocks oh my god how many seconds was I up to? how long have I been off topic?? Surely its over exposed by now... Shame, its a really nice composition... CRAP Better close the shutter!! Suffice to say I took a second shot to be sure.
    Alexartphotography

Landscape Addict

Ok, Playing a bit of catch up here...

Here is a couple from the day at Lamington NP.

All things considered I am stoked how these turned out... They need a bit of a touch up, but these are scanned/cropped. nothing else done so far... I think they should come up very nice with a little effort.

At least I controlled exceptionally well the areas I could. These are SHARP! the detail is mind blowing...

Well worth the walk...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6x12013_21x21.jpg   6x12015_21x21.jpg   6x12017_21x21.jpg  
    Alexartphotography