Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Brisbane LF meetup thread.

Re: Brisbane LF meetup thread.

Yep. Ok. 8am it is then. See you there! Alex... Pick up at Jason's @ 6.15!

Landscape Addict

WOOOOH!! EXCITEMENT!!

Time to waterfall it up a little bit! I have been doing a lot of seascapes recently.. it will be nice to see some green for a change. I very much look forward to this trip, being my first into Lamington NP I only hope I'm not over-hyped only to get there and it not be what I'm expecting.

What I've seen in photos tells me to be excited though...

The week following this trip I'll be getting all my roll films processed, so I'll have something to work with... (and something to show for all the early mornings I've had this past few months)

Also - As a side note, I have 21st to 29th of April off work.. During this time I'm planning a few nights stay up at Noosa Heads... Going to be shooting Noosa Heads NP and possibly make a (long) drive up to Hervey Bay.. Theres a little jetty in Urangan I want to shoot.. In any case, if anyone is keen on some Noosa Heads NP action, let me know.
    Chamonix 045N-2 - 65/5.6 - 90/8 - 210/5.6 - Fomapan 100 & T-Max 100 in Rodinal
    Alexartphotography

Noosa would be very nice, but I will probably struggle to get away that week...

Quote Originally Posted by alexn View Post
    does anyone coming have a longer lens I might be able to use? 150 to 240ish? I have a shot in mind and don't believe the 90 will be long enough.
    I meant to say that I have a 210 which I can bring if you would like me to. Let me know. I probably won't bring it otherwise, because it is not as long as I would like. I have just found a slightly longer lens at KEH (something that approximates my favourite 150mm MF lens) but unfortunately it won't be here in time for Monday...

Ian

I have a Schneider 150 sa I could bring. But it's not in a lens board ATM. Waiting for one to come. If you have a spare copal 0 you are welcome to use it...
    Pretty impressed you can pre visualize a scene you've never seen Alex! Are you obi wan?

Landscape Addict

I previsualised a shot of a waterfall that no matter the scene, I will need a longer lens and I will need to get close-ish and low.... Its not so much the location I have pre-visualised as its is the general idea. (Although, I am a Jedi...)

Ian & Stef - I would love the opportunity to use a longer lens for a shot or two..

Stef - I have a spare board, but its a 10mm recessed board I bought for my 75/4.5. Unfortunately it did not come with the metal arm they normally have to trigger the shutter release. I can't get a normal cable release into the recessed part of the board so its useless to me..

Had a great shoot this morning at Caloundra.. Let of a roll of Velvia 50, dropped my mobile phone into knee deep water trying to read a reciprocity chart... Loving that! Still works strangely enough..

Here is a pic my old man took of me with the view camera this morning.

6:20am. F/22, 1/13th sec. Nikon D50, 12-24... cropped to my favorite aspect ratio
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3234.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	71461

We both had a very productive morning, and apart from the scare I had, dropping my phone in the water, It was a very relaxing morning... We actually went to photograph a jetty not far from where this shot was taken, but I spotted the boat in the water about 20 steps from where we parked the car... I figured that was our shot so we stuck with it.. I shot two verticals and four horizontals.

I'm now ready for some waterfall action! Bring it on!
    Alexartphotography

Nice work Vadar.
    I will bring my 150 SA. I have just swapped the lens board over from my 90. I had one of those metal thingies for a recessed board somewhere round here. Just can't find it at the mo... you need a recessed for a 75? Wow..
    You're pretty lucky the phone is still going! I'd stick it in a bucket of fresh to be sure! ;-)
    Looks like you had some nice colour. I didn't get up for sunny this morning at Yamba. Tide and swell has been so high it was practically impossible to get to a location with any safety...

Landscape Addict

Nah I got the recessed board as a part of a package buy off the forums. It's nice with the 75.. allows more movement. I think I could do 65 or 58 without a recessed board...

The morning was amazing, the small tender boat made an awesome subject and the sky put on a real show. Reviewing my old man's digital shots it was well worth going. Beautiful reflections and colour. Velvia 50 should have had a field day with the pallet. I only hope my exposures were good. I'm pretty confident on a few of them but a couple I just guessed because my phone reciprocity chart was out of action.. after reviewing my pen and paper exif data I think I under exposed one. Meter told me 30 sec, I guessed and went with 47 sec.. found out now that 30s is 64s with failure.. my only saving grace is that the light was changing fast.. it might only be 1/3 of a stop under... it will be great to see them. I am very confident of three of the exposures. Can't wait to process this roll.
    Alexartphotography

Righto... See you all tomorrow morning at 8am!

Landscape Addict

Yup. Keen as.. looking forward to it. See you there Ian.
    Alexartphotography

All good. See you there Ian. See you at Jason's at 6.15 Alex...