Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Brisbane LF meetup thread.

Re: Brisbane LF meetup thread.

Or you could leave the Pacific Highway at Beenleigh and go to Canungra that way. When I was a kid we always used to go to Lamington from the Coast, and we loved the various creek crossings on the way through the Gorge road between Nerang and Canungra. They are all gone now to make way for bigger, faster roads. Progress? As we got close to Canungra, we would also try to spot the army training silhouettes in the bush. Anyway, I still drive through Nerang, even though it may be slightly quicker to go via Beenleigh.

Alex. Yep as Ian says. 9am at the entrance to the border track. You'll find the border track start pretty easily. When you get up the mountain the car park is on the right. Walk up the hill on (or next to) the road. You'll go past the O'Reilly's guest house and then veer onto the grass at the left. The border track entrance is right in front of you.

Border Track

I always go via Beenleigh. You can also go out via Beaudesert depending on where you in Bris Vegas...
    When you come into Canungra from beenleigh turn right at the park (if you come from Nerang youll turn right and then you'll come intomtown and turn left) and it's about another 36 k up the hill. It's a very narrow winding road so drive careful!
    I have room in my car if you would prefer a lift! Picking Jason up at 7...
    I'll be carrying my Nikkor 75 and Schneider 58 XL. You are both welcome to give them a go!
    Does anyone want to borrow a Grafmatic? I have a spare I can let you use. Happy to throw the pup tent in the car so you can load it!

Landscape Addict

Ian, Thanks for the replies.. Definitely sounds easy enough.. That being said, Stef, If you're happy for me to tag along I can be at Jason's place by 7am easy as. I will happily thow some $$ into the collection plate, I guarantee your fuel consumption increases dramatically once my 4x5 is in the car haha.. I am considering throwing together a rough and tumble 75mm 4x5 point and shoot for the day... Would just be a wooden box camera set at hyperfocal distance if anything, but it will depend on my motivation friday/saturday/sunday. Maybe I'll just man up and carry the linhof.. haha.

I dont want to shoot a few rolls of film just to find out my rushed home made camera had a light leak and ruined the whole show.. I have plans drawn up none the less.. home made 6x17, hyperfocal 90mm. 4x5 75mm (with graflock back for 6x12, 4x5 and quickload holders).. More on those later...

If anyone is short on film holders I have 2 4x5 holders available for use.. (i have no film for them) so i can throw them in if anyone needs.

Bugspray. Will have quite the quantity with me...
    Chamonix 045N-2 - 65/5.6 - 90/8 - 210/5.6 - Fomapan 100 & T-Max 100 in Rodinal
    Alexartphotography

Alex. I'd be shooting off a couple of frames of expired BW in the backyard and doing a quick process mate? Light leaks would be a big dud.
    My car is German. It's made for carrying Linhof stuff...
    If you're close to Jason I can swing by (just email the address). Otherwise we'll need to make sure he's cool for you to loiter at his place. No need to worry about fuel. You can buy me a beer sometime.
    Another mate of Jason's and mine might be tagging along as well. He has not yet grown up to film but we shouldn't hold his pixel popping against him! I may lend him for 35mm 1N for the day.
    I'm super keen on your PS plans mate. Except I want mine for a 58mm. I'm down at Yamba this week fighting really high tides. A PS would be really useful for getting a shot without getting washed away! The dark cloth wave fear is fully with me ....

Landscape Addict

Will discuss P&S on monday. Suffice to say that I've looked into it for the past month, both helical focused and fixed focus. Its simplicity at its finest... and as DaVinci once said.. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication... I would envy the 58 P&S for sure.

I will give Jason a call and see... I'm about 45 mins north of his place, so easiest if I rock down there.

Cheers..
    Alexartphotography

f90

Wow this is amazing! I just happened to stumble across this thread and had no idea that there were other LF shooters in brissy - its so great to hear. I live in west end and try to shoot landscapes several times a week. Have the brissy LF'ers succesfully met up yet?

Landscape Addict

F90. We had an initial meet up a few weeks back in march. We are going to try to get together frequently. Be sure to keep an eye on this thread as we are always chatting. I tend to shoot every weekend. And will post in here to see if anyone is keen.

It is pretty amazing to think there is 8 or 9 of us here in brissy
    Alexartphotography

Guys. I have had a suggestion that 9 might be a bit late to start. I'm fine to go a bit earlier if it works for everyone else. Even half hour might help. Especially if there's a clear sky.... Thoughts?
    PS. Hi f90 and welcome. I'm in west end also!

Landscape Addict

I was thinking 9 at the park might be a little late... Whatever time everyone is happy with is fine by me. For me, waking at 3am on a weekend to shoot LF is nothing out of the ordinary... I do it nearly every weekend.
    Alexartphotography

f90: Greetings!

Stef - Perhaps we should say 8am at the border track then?