Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Brisbane LF meetup thread.

Re: Brisbane LF meetup thread.

Haha - just saw an email in my inbox notifying me of activity here....
    Alex and Stef, you are both very kind. I too like the last one the best of my shots. I actually have two versions of this, virtually identical, except that the foreground leaves hanging down into the top left corner of the shot have quite a lot of movement blur in the other version. They stayed reasonably still in the shot I posted here.

Hey, any of you guys ever use the Jobo Expert Drum? I am (again) thinking of trying one of those. I used my Combi-Plan line for the above negs, but have never been 100% convinced by the old Combi...

Hi Ian. No. Not an expert drum. They are stupid expensive and afaik not really necessary unless you are doing 8x10s. I just use standard 2500 series and 2509 reels for 4x5s. Work great and cost a lot less. Of course they work best on an actual Jobo! But people do use them for hand agitation. You'd need the correct lid though. Or you could just hand roll on a home made base. I like the Jobo for BW too because I can drop the temperature down to 19 or 20 by adding ice to the bath. I usually do a 2 stage Rodinal 1:50 of around 7 minutes each at 19... But am thinking of changing developer to something a bit less grainy.
    I don't mind the old combi. I have one as well and really liked it for BW. A bit leaky and fiddley to use but great once you have the hang of it. What don't you like about it?

Thanks Stef - interested to hear your thoughts on the Jobo...
    I do like the Combi, but have never been convinced that it will always give me completely uniform development, especially in areas of uniform tone, like cloudless skies, etc. I think the tank is potentially overloaded with 6 sheets, so I prefer to do 4 at a a time, but it uses quite a lot of chemistry. I also always feel that I need to be pretty careful with agitation (esp direction of twisting the tank) so as to avoid dislodging any sheets in the developer. Plus it is a bit leaky and fiddly, as you say. That being said, it is still a pretty good system. I am just looking around for a better one, if a better one exists!

Stef and Jason - Fantastic to see your big beautiful prints at your opening night on Friday! Congratulations on a terrific looking exhibition!

Landscape Addict

I will second that... Fantastic stuff indeed... Beautiful prints, beautiful captures and a great opening night!
    Chamonix 045N-2 - 65/5.6 - 90/8 - 210/5.6 - Fomapan 100 & T-Max 100 in Rodinal
    Alexartphotography

Thanks you guys. And thanks for making the effort to get along. It was a great night. And I'm stoked to have a few sales in the bag as well! When are we doing our next beer gathering?

f90

Hey Boinzo, I dropped into your exhibition on the way to the hardware store this morning and it was great! You've certainly captured the essence of the east coast points.
    I especially liked the b&w print taken at Cabarita beach. I hope the sales go well

Thanks F90. Glad you could drop in. The Cabarita image was made by my fellow exhibitor Jason - you may have met him in the gallery this morning. I like it too but I try not to be too cruel about it being a digital capture on a "little" camera!
    Pleased you enjoyed the show and thanks for the best wishes.
    Hope to meet you at the next gathering! Ian? Alex? When is that? :-)

I am now a man with a little bit of time up my sleeve, so I am keen for a gathering whenever suits. This Saturday, or anytime the following weekend? Weekday?

Landscape Addict

Saturdays and Sundays suit me down to the ground. Saturday I will likely be working this week... How does everyone feel about a having a couple of quiet ones at the Ship Inn, where we went last time? on Sunday?
    Chamonix 045N-2 - 65/5.6 - 90/8 - 210/5.6 - Fomapan 100 & T-Max 100 in Rodinal
    Alexartphotography