Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DSLR Scanner: Negative Stages

Re: DSLR Scanner: Negative Stages

The Scanduino program makes it a simple matter to dial in the required number of steps regardless of the resolution of the motor as well as whether or not one is employing whole stepping or one of several microstepping settings as set in the motor driver wiring configuration. I've gone through several different motors with different specs and even different pulleys and all of them worked very well, they just required different values be used in the program.

As for the pulley's if you can't find the proper bore you could drill a shallow hole in a clamped down board to capture the GT2 pulley's base. Leave it set up this way and change the bit to bore out the center 5mm hole to 1/4" or slightly larger if that's too tight. You might need a clamp to hold it, thus the shallow hole rest it in.

UPDATE: I simplified my design by using only one belt per stage, allowing the side opposite the belt to just slide along the rail. I was awaiting a few remaining parts to be in stock but now have all parts on order. At this point I'm expecting this thing to screw together like an Erector set with only a few modifications of stocks part required. As you can see from the attached image, I only have the X-Y stages designed. I still need to design the camera support and finalize the film holder system. I'm thinking of using a UHMW or other plastic sheet either directly or with a piece of opal glass inset into the sheet to allow light to pass through the holder. If the transmission characteristics through the sheet are uniform enough, I won't need the opal glass, which would save a little money. Comments welcome.

Regards,
    Rob
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 3.53.48 AM.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	116463
    My flickr stream

Looking good. Daniel and I used 3/16ths White Plexiglass Acrylic Sheet - #2447. Whether that is good enough will depend on your light source.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

What is your source for the acrylic? Is it opaque or transparent?
    My flickr stream

http://estreetplastics.com/ Somewhere I have the light transmission properties...I'll post when I find it.
    More directly: http://www.estreetplastics.com/2447_...eets_s/101.htm
    42% light transmission.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Thanks for the plastic source. I ordered some material today.
    My flickr stream