Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Testing a Grafmatic Holder

Testing a Grafmatic Holder

Thanks for all of your responses. BTW all pins are in place and functional. I ran a leak test this morning with paper in the septum. No leaks or fog. FYI Ilford MG FB's ASA worked out to 3. AND got an interesting paper negative.

~)

No info for your testing procedures - now complete, just a note on grafmatics: I use thre of those, and I have come across light-leaks SOMETIMES and at irregular intervals. I don't know why, but have established a practise of charging the grafmatic while the dark-cloth covers the camera & holders. Works OK (you don't need to se what Your' doing whith the graf's) and and makes me less nervous... I prefer the Grafmatics over the standard holders mostly because they seem to give very good film-flatness as the film is locked in flat-position between the pressure-lips on the outer ridge of the holder.

Steve: I was using a grafmatic today and realized I'd erred about the location of the locking pin I was talking about. From the back, if you pull the big sliding carriage out about half and inch you will see a small hole on the top edge of it on the right. It should have a pin in it. If the pin isn't there, then you need to hold the main carriage into the shell of the grafmatic (easily done with the left thumb when the right hand is cycling the slide) when you pull and push the slide to get the next negative to pop up at the front of the grafmatic inside the camera. Without the pin, just pulling the slide will bring the whole carriage sliding with it. This is the holder I had a light leak on and it was missing a pin. I oozed a little black sealant in the hole and no more leaks.