Hello everyone! My name is Dave Barry from St. Louis, Missouri and am currently a student at St. Louis Community College. I took my first photography class just last semester and fell right in love with it. To start the festivities off this semester I purchased a used Calumet 4x5 from my teacher which has a Schneider-Kreuznach 150mm f/5.6 - 265mm f/12 convertible lens. I just purchased a load of extra film holders from another one of the members here, Alan Gales who is also the person who suggested I come and visit the forums to begin with.

I shoot digital for the most part but still quite a good bit of 35mm on my Pentax K1000 but I am a person that can never sit still and always need to try different things out, hence the move to large format. I know it is probably quite rare for someone in my age group (I'm 25) to voluntarily go with film as a passion of theirs and going large format is probably an even rarer trait for my generation but it is honestly something I feel that I will be doing for quite a long while at this rate.

I apologize for having no LF work to share but as soon as I have my first prints out I will be sure to show them here for opinions but in the meantime I suppose I might add in just one of my 35mm exposures that I made last year. For some strange reason the film came out very grainy and the exposure was probably not the best but as things were the picture as a whole was something I fell in love with, maybe someone here can as well. Here it is.