Thread: Help with getting rid of certain forums

Help with getting rid of certain forums

Since the new update, I am getting all the threads that I do not want.. I am embarrassed to ask but how in the hell with this new setup do you get rid of certain forums.
    Its right before my eyes but I must be getting old since I cannot find the place, I have scoured the settings page and no luck.. what am I not seeing here.

Re: Help with getting rid of certain forums

In the Forums list there is a green circle with a hook inside to the right of each forum name - click that to unsubscribe, and you will not see anything from that particular forum in "New Posts" again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevo View Post
    In the Forums list there is a green circle with a hook inside to the right of each forum name - click that to unsubscribe, and you will not see anything from that particular forum in "New Posts" again.
    You may be referring to the "Subscribe" icon, which would have a different effect - sending notices of each new post. I'm not sure what effect subscribing to a forum has on the New Posts display, though.

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    Since the new update, I am getting all the threads that I do not want.. I am embarrassed to ask but how in the hell with this new setup do you get rid of certain forums.
    Its right before my eyes but I must be getting old since I cannot find the place, I have scoured the settings page and no luck.. what am I not seeing here.
    On the old version, we used a plug-in that allowed each person to see or block individual forums as they desired (via settings in their profile). Unfortunately, that plug-in isn't compatible with the new version, and the author no longer maintains it. So, we're looking for another alternative.

You're right, that does not do it, it only affects the side panel or mail summaries. I've seen it affect the New Posts on other vBulletin based boards - but that may be version or plug-in dependent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Barker View Post
    On the old version, we used a plug-in that allowed each person to see or block individual forums as they desired (via settings in their profile). Unfortunately, that plug-in isn't compatible with the new version, and the author no longer maintains it. So, we're looking for another alternative.
    Excellent. I'm glad you are looking for a way. Thanks in advance.

Bruce Watson

Thanks Ralph , as I cannot get rid of a couple of forums and they are clogging up my day.... I hope you find an alternative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Barker View Post