Thread: Manual/Instruction Book for Saunders LPL 4500 II VCCE

Manual/Instruction Book for Saunders LPL 4500 II VCCE

I just bought a second-hand 4500 II VCCE and have never used this kind of set-up (enlarger, filtration for contrast, and photographic papers). (I'm "re-entering" after a 17-year hiatus, and this stuff wasn't available back then.) Is there a kind soul that would like to photocopy the instructions/user manual etc. and send me a copy?

merci mille fois.............................................................
    Peter Collins

On the intent of the First Amendment: The press was to serve the governed, not the governors --Opinion, Hugo Black, Judge, Supreme Court, 1971 re the "Pentagon Papers."

You should be able to get one at no cost from Saunders and their tech support is excellent as well. My recollection of instructions that come with the 4500 are that they are only marginally informative.

I have that same enlarger and read the manual that came with it. The manual is pretty thin and doesn't really say a whole lot.

You'd probably get a lot more useful information from reading stuff like this website and the photo.net black & white boards.

Anyways good luck printing, I bet you'll like it. VCCE is totally awesome. I'm so spoiled. Since having that Saunders at home, printing at school on condensers seems like so much more work.

-Tadge

Hi All,

I also have a Saunders Enlarger and other bulb run equipment. I found this site resonable. BULBDIRECT.COM

Anyone try the 250w bulb in the 4500-II lamphouse? What was the result?

As far as using the unit, the most important things to know are that the upper filter setting is for Kodak MG paper, while the lower setting is for all others. The focusing extension is also very useful and can be ordered from B&H or other suppliers.

Actually there no longer is a Saunders enlarger. It is an LPL enlarger and no longer is sold or distributed by either Tiffen or Saunders.

The entire LPL enlarger line is now part of Satter Omega. You should try contacting them and see if they can help you.