Thread: SINARON W 75mm f4.5 MC Lens

BBRT

SINARON W 75mm f4.5 MC Lens

Hi. I'm thinking of selling a few lens, and came across this one at the back of the cupboard. SINARON W MC 75mm f4.5 . Does anyone know what kind of value this lens has. It is also marked made by Rodenstock Germany. It was purchased new 10 years ago. Thanks in advance

Re: SINARON W 75mm f4.5 MC Lens

Hello from Europe !
    This lens is regarded as being the same as the Rodenstock Grandagon-N 4.5-75, 105°, 8-element design. An outstanding lens.
    Its value will greatly depend on its shutter : whether it is mounted on a regular leaf shutter (compur, copal, prontor ..) or without shutter in proprietary Sinar DB shutter-less mount. Sinar DB lenses are usually sold much cheaper than their leaf-shuttered versions.

Examples from a commendable professional dealer in Germany, RK-Fototechnik,
    Rodenstock Grandagon-N 4.5-75 DB mount 250 euros
    6.8-75 and 4.5-90 grandagons on copal : between 500 and 650 euros all prices including German VAT.

So for a private sale with no guarantee, prices have probably to be lower than quoted above, and European professional dealer's prices are often higher than in the US. So you can, for example, look on e-bay for final bids on the Rodenstock grandagon-N 4.5 - 75 as well as the Sinaron-W 4.5-75.

Good luck !

P.S. I am not affiliated with RK-Fototechnik and I already have the 6.8-75 "small brother" of your Rodenstock lens, so it would not be reasonable for me to buy it

BBRT

Hi E

Thanks for the quick reply and heads up. It is mounted in a new style Copal 0 Shutter. And is in excellent condition.

BBRT

Hi E

Thanks for the quick reply and heads up. It is mounted in a new style Copal 0 Shutter. And is in excellent condition.

Landscape Addict

I just bought a mint condition Rodenstock 75mm F/4.5 Grandagon-N in a new style Copal 0 for $550 USD.. I would expect the same sort of money for your lens... Wide (<90mm), fast lenses fetch good prices...
    Chamonix 045N-2 - 65/5.6 - 90/8 - 210/5.6 - Fomapan 100 & T-Max 100 in Rodinal
    Alexartphotography