Thread: worth trading

worth trading

Would you buy a Nikkor W 210/5.6 if you had a Schneider-Kreuznach Convertible 210/5.6 370/12 and sell that last one ?

Re: worth trading

Not if you really like the results you are getting now..How often do you convert it tomthe other focal lengths?..EC

I do like the results, but I rarely convert it. It is some reassurance though to have it with me (without having to take my "dedicated" 360 ..).

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

I would but only because I have never personally been satisfied with convertable lenses. Since you like your results you might want to keep what works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I would but only because I have never personally been satisfied with convertable lenses. Since you like your results you might want to keep what works for you.
    .. and that's what I'll do , the more that I just learned it doesn't cover 8x10, and the convertible does.

Thanks all,

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by gliderbee View Post
    .. and that's what I'll do , the more that I just learned it doesn't cover 8x10, and the convertible does.

Thanks all,

Stefan
    All three of my Nikkor-W 210/5.6 lenses cover 8x10 at infinity with a few millimetres to spare; not enough for worthwhile shifts. One of the Nikkors has a 77mm filter thread instead of 67mm like the other two so I hoped it would have a bigger image circle. It doesn't. I've used the Schneider-Kreuznach Convertible 210/5.6 370/12 and it is a good as the Nikkor-W's at f22 and smaller. My Schneider was single coated so I made sure to keep direct sunlight off the front element. That's a good idea with all lenses. In its 370mm converted focal length the Schneider is pretty sharp at small apertures provided one focusses at about f22. There is noticeable focus shift when stopping down from f12 with this lens.
    Photography:first utterance. Sir John Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society. "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..".

I wouldn't. Having an extra focal length adds flexibility. If you need it, you've got it.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Actually, I'd probably put the Nikkor in the Compur shutter that the Schneider was in.(smiling smiley).
    One man's Mede is another man's Persian.

If money was of "no" concern... definitely yes. If money was of "some" concern... maybe. If money was of "primary" concern... probably not. If money was of "extreme" concern... definitely not.

I hope that helps.