Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Forum Upgrade

Re: Forum Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ellis View Post
    Hi Ralph - I use Firefox. I'm not sure of the version but I always upgrade when they say there's an upgrade available so I assume it's the latest version. If it's critical I'll look around and find the version number. I'm on Windows Vista.

As an example of what I get, while typing this message and before sending it, I clicked on the "back" arrow in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. When I did so I got the following message: "This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you entered may not be saved." I then am given the choices of "Leave Page" or "Stay on Page." I get the same message if I click on the red "x" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. However, since sending my original message I've now played around with the "back" button a little more and I see that I get this "confirm that you want to leave the page" stuff only after I start to type a reply but leave without posting it. It doesn't seem to happen when simply browsing messages without a reply being involved or even when a reply has actually been posted, only when a reply is prepared but then not sent. So maybe it isn't something worth bothering with.

Thanks for responding.
    Yep, it's just trying to be polite by warning you that you are about to lose the uncompleted reply.

Can't seem to get my Blackberry Storm II to read the new forum in anything but squeezed-down full-scale mode... can anybody tell me what to do to in order to force the mobile version?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Barker View Post
    Yep, it's just trying to be polite by warning you that you are about to lose the uncompleted reply.
    I've gotten that a couple of times when I tried to post a Quick Reply, not when using the back button.

It happened again on this reply. The scenario was:
    Click on Reply With Quote.
    Compose reply.
    Click on Post Quick Reply.

Up pops this window asking whether I want to navigate away from the page.
    Firefox on Mac Snow Leopard.

IIRC I've only seen that box when I use Reply With Quote, never when I just do a Quick Reply without a quote.

- Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

Try the Tapatalk app: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...46654/?lang=en. It costs $3, but is a very good app (I've only used the iPhone version, though).

Are you saying, Tom, that the new forum requires TapTalk? Older LFF version showed up as a mobile version just fine without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan J. Eberle View Post
    Are you saying, Tom, that the new forum requires TapTalk? Older LFF version showed up as a mobile version just fine without it.
    At the moment, yes, until we can find and install a mobile skin that works. Might take a few days.

To all the moderators and those of you who work in the background to make this forum what it is... Thanks! I appreciate what you people do. The update looks great.

-DP

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    I've gotten that a couple of times when I tried to post a Quick Reply, not when using the back button.

Compose reply.

Firefox on Mac Snow Leopard.

IIRC I've only seen that box when I use Reply With Quote, never when I just do a Quick Reply without a quote.

- Leigh
    Interesting. Sounds like it might be a bug in this version. I'm trying the reply-with-quote now, using Firefox 10.0.2 on Win 7, to see if I get the same message.

[edit] Nope, no message. May be an issue with regard to the white spots on the snow leopard.

Preston Birdwell

Compose reply.

The same thing happened to me last night using IE9 on Win-7, Ralph. It's only happened once.

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

anyone having trouble with the alternative skins today? I get a skinless garbage with anything but the default today.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"