Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Upgrade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Forum Upgrade

The upgrade of the Forum seems to have been successful. There may be some remaining problems since not everything from the old version was carried forward with the new version. Post comments, bug reports, &/or wish list items in this thread.

Important: You should clear your Forum cookies by clicking the 'Log Out' link, then logging back in again or by deleting our site cookies manually in your browser settings. You might have problems until you do that.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Tom Westbrook; 18-Feb-2012 at 10:29.

Re: Forum Upgrade

Woho its back early !!! Thanks

Consulting the pineal gland

Just an fyi for the mods, ,my firefox browser under ubuntu cleared the authentication on its own.
    Congrats on the upgrade completed ahead of schedule.

Another thing: Tapatalk users having problems might need to delete and re-add the Forum in their apps: the Tapatalk version was also updated.

It looks like the ability to change the "look" or "skin" or whatever it's called is gone. I think what I was using was called "simple", but I can't find it.

Yes, the other "styles" we're not compatible with the new version. If I find replacements I'll install them & post an announcement.

Photographer, Machinist, etc. Jeffrey Sipress's Avatar

Unfortunately, this new software requires a font size of 12 pt or smaller in order to properly format the page. This is absurd. In order to get the page formatted so all the text is visible, it's too small to read comfortably! Try going to 'New Posts' and upping the text size to anything decent. Then you can't see the text in the right column that says what forum a message is within. Like many people over 50 (or more) I have my browser set to display type no smaller than 16 or 18. It works fine on hundreds of sites I visit, but not this v-bulliten package. ALL v-bulliten sites are this way. I wonder if the mods or webmaster at LFP can set some better defaults for rendering the pages. Im using Safari on a highend Mac system like many of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Sipress View Post
    Unfortunately, this new software requires a font size of 12 pt or smaller in order to properly format the page. This is absurd. In order to get the page formatted so all the text is visible, it's too small to read comfortably! Try going to 'New Posts' and upping the text size to anything decent. Then you can't see the text in the right column that says what forum a message is within. Like many people over 50 (or more) I have my browser set to display type no smaller than 16 or 18. It works fine on hundreds of sites I visit, but not this v-bulliten package. ALL v-bulliten sites are this way. I wonder if the mods or webmaster at LFP can set some better defaults for rendering the pages. Im using Safari on a highend Mac system like many of us.
    I have my default set to 16. I'm not sure what size it's displaying but it looks fine. I wear progressive lenses but use my dedicated reading glasses for the computer because I sit fairly close and it's better than reading the screen by constantly peering through the bottom.

On most (at least on Firefox and IE for a few versions now) browsers you can magnify the page by holding down the CTRL key and using the mouse scroll wheel. I do this pretty often when viewing images. You can leave it at the smaller font and magnify, though you'll have to scroll horizontally. Not a final solution but it might help you out in the short term. To re-set the magnification to normal, CTRL-0.

Works great in Opera 11.61 under Windows, Opera on Ubuntu Linux is good, too.

Mike
    Politically, aerodynamically, and fashionably incorrect.

Got it. Bruce Watson complained about that problem, too. I don't have a Mac but I'll see if there is something out there that might help.

Can you post a screen capture of what it currently looks like using a comfortable font size?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Sipress View Post