Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using 4x10 film in 8x10 holders

Re: Using 4x10 film in 8x10 holders

Any 8x30's? One would need to buy a roll of paper for those!

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Another thought... There are holders that use a slightly sticky surface to hold the film very flat instead of rails. Might be interesting to use for 4x10 (no rebate on the longer sides, though), or for any other odd size one wanted to use.
    I've been considering that as an option too . Decisions decisions...

-Dan

daniel, did you get your atg tape you were inquiring about? I got mine. I spoke with Tom Paiva who has been using it in 8x10 holders for his auto dealership project and he said not to leave the film in the holders any longer than you have to since the tape leaves blemishes on the film that have to be photoshopped out. That's a bummer since I don't want to load/unload holders all the time. Have you tried it?

Vinny,

not yet. But I'm not inclined to do any more PS work than I already do(and that's too much IMO). I was going to start modification of one of my 8x10 holders this past week, but working on a long job killed that plan.

However, with this "update" about the residue/marking issue, I'm a little worried about doing it now...

When you say "long", is that like hours, days, or weeks? I have some holders I loaded back in early december that still have the film in them(e-6 + b/w), and since I got 20 holders, I can have different holders loaded with different emulsion types so I can "grab and go" if the light is good.

My 8X10 has been only out 2x this year so far, so not much usage I'm afraid. However, this afternoon the sun was out for a bit, so I was inclined to shoot some of the flowers blooming around the neighborhood in between rain storms when the air is nice and clear, and the colors are nice and saturated

-Dan

I forget what tom said. I'll ask again. He didn't modify his holders by cutting ou the rails. I know drew wiley has, maybe ask him about the residue issue.