View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 194 of 299 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

joseph

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew O'Neill View Post
    I can't wait 'til it's in my sweaty palms. A lens and a box of T55 are waiting in the wings. I've never done handheld LF before.
    I think you might need to adjust your expectations Andrew- TMY might be more appropriate...

Very nice website for the new camera Ben, it really is stunning in its practicality and simplicity. Hope you win some awards for that, and good to see you've been busy while the moving parts have, um, not been...

Hope it won't be too long now, good luck with everything.

I think you might need to adjust your expectations Andrew- TMY might be more appropriate...
    Of course I'll be shooting good old TMY-too!

So, I guess even once a month is too much.
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ

Thanks for the links. I had checked Kickstarter two days ago for an update, but didn't check the comments.
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ

Yes, it's in the comments section. There hasn't been a project update in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Cole View Post
    Thanks for the links. I had checked Kickstarter two days ago for an update, but didn't check the comments.
    You should not have to check the comments for updates. Progress updates don't belong in the comments section they should be posted as an update so that are emailed out to all the backers.
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
    Ansel Adams

When that happens, as a purchaser on the second run, I can't see it, and there's no way for me to see it, so no.
    Thanks, but I'd rather just watch:
    Large format: http://flickr.com/michaeldarnton
    Mostly 35mm: http://flickr.com/mdarnton
    You want digital, color, etc?: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradofear

For those who can't see the Kickstarter comments:
    "Hi all,
    I just wanted to say: we hear your feedback, and your constructive criticism and encouragement really make a huge impact. We're so grateful to have such amazing support from our backers, who have waited a truly unreasonable amount of time for a seemingly simple product. After browsing some other Kickstarter projects, it drives home how patient you all have been.
    I actually received updated samples a few minutes ago, and will need to do some quick environmental testing to make sure they can hold up in the real world. But for now, the fit feels better than it ever has. This is the last puzzle piece, so I can't help but feel very optimistic.
    I work in the same office as Dave from the CST watch project. They've had an even worse string of luck than we have. If you read their Kickstarter page and comments, it's heartbreaking. Michael, I'm fully on board with your suggestion that we share our experience with the larger maker community in some way. We have a lot to share—from broad reflections to very specific feedback for Kickstarter.
    I don't regret tackling this project. I regret not hiring consultants and experts along the way to give us feedback. I'm used to the world of software, where you can iterate in hours, not weeks. I should have known—in Silicon Valley, there's an old saying: "hardware is hard." At certain points, we would have gladly paid $500/hour to talk to an experienced mechanical engineer.
    In any case, we'll have more to say in the next few days. Thank you, thank you, thank you—no matter what happens, we're forever grateful that you all believed in us enough to back this project.
    Ben"