View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 166 of 299 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Small town, South Carolina, US

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Ben, Hang in there! I am patient! I know you are doing your best. You won't hear any complaints from me.

Quote Originally Posted by rfesk View Post
    ben, hang in there! I am patient! I know you are doing your best. You won't hear any complaints from me.
    +1
    rr

I'm curioius. I subscribed to their e-mail list assuming it would be where they keep people informed about the status and when the latest production run would be available to buy, and now, reading the posts here, I learned they're using other outlets for news and updates. Sending a blanket e-mail newsletter isn't that hard once you have the list, which I assume they have, it's write once (edit of course), send all. My question now is exactly how do they plan to ensure all who want to buy the camera will have a chance if they're not keeping everyone informed when it's available?

I'm not complaining, I'm interested in the camera to buy one, but I'm wondering why they have so many outlets for their information when they have a Website for that they're not using and which says to subscribe to the e-mail list for updates and information when the camera will be available.
    --Scott--

Scott M. Knowles, MS-Geography
    scott@wsrphoto.com

"All things merge into one, and a river flows through it."
    - Norman MacLean

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Knowles View Post
    I'm curioius. I subscribed to their e-mail list assuming it would be where they keep people informed about the status and when the latest production run would be available to buy, and now, reading the posts here, I learned they're using other outlets for news and updates. Sending a blanket e-mail newsletter isn't that hard once you have the list, which I assume they have, it's write once (edit of course), send all. My question now is exactly how do they plan to ensure all who want to buy the camera will have a chance if they're not keeping everyone informed when it's available?

I'm not complaining, I'm interested in the camera to buy one, but I'm wondering why they have so many outlets for their information when they have a Website for that they're not using and which says to subscribe to the e-mail list for updates and information when the camera will be available.
    At is point a email list should come second to putting out updated on kickstarter. But as it is they occasionally make a comment on here or in the comments section of kickstarter and apparently on facebook and assume that all the backers are checking all those places religiously. The proper thing to do is to put a actual update on kickstarter because that is pushed out to all the backers. If they want to copy and past that update to other places that's fine but the kickstarter update should be the priority.

They complain that it takes so long to write an update but I don't believe that. It takes minutes to write we are still waiting on these parts and we have to make changes A, B and C and then have those parts redone. And we estimate X amount of time till we start shipping. We don't need a big essay just regular simple updates, even of the update says we are still struggling with the issues mentioned in the last update.
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
    Ansel Adams

Their kickstarter Website is over a year old and they achieved their goal, so their kickstarter campaign should be done and they should be moving on to their Website and other sources. They're not starting another kickstarter campaign, but they're now in the business of selling the second production run of the camera. That's not a kickstarter effort but a business effort. But either way it doesn't change the fact they've haven't keep users through their Website updated where they should be focused now after creating it. What they're asking is potential buyers to find them and updates than they keep track buyers. If they can't do the updates, hire someone.
    --Scott--

Scott M. Knowles, MS-Geography
    scott@wsrphoto.com

"All things merge into one, and a river flows through it."
    - Norman MacLean

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Knowles View Post
    Their kickstarter Website is over a year old and they achieved their goal, so their kickstarter campaign should be done and they should be moving on to their Website and other sources. They're not starting another kickstarter campaign, but they're now in the business of selling the second production run of the camera. That's not a kickstarter effort but a business effort. But either way it doesn't change the fact they've haven't keep users through their Website updated where they should be focused now after creating it. What they're asking is potential buyers to find them and updates than they keep track buyers. If they can't do the updates, hire someone.
    LOL nope, you apparently don't understand that they have not yet delivered the kickstarter cameras. They have not made a second production run because they haven't even completed the first production run.
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
    Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Light Guru View Post
    LOL nope, you apparently don't understand that they have not yet delivered the kickstarter cameras. They have not made a second production run because they haven't even completed the first production run.
    Their first production run is 1500 units, most of them will be used to fill backer orders. This leaves them with 300 extra cameras. They have already pre-sold those in April and May this year so those folks are waiting also. After all commitments are filled if they have enough interest then they would run another batch. I asked Ben how many cameras have to be run to amortize the cost and he said 500 cameras. So, it would seem they would have to have firm orders, with deposits at least, for another 500 cameras to be able to run another batch of cameras.

I doubt very much they would take the chance to order 500 more cameras and hope they can recover their money in sales. As it stands I don't see how they can ever break even on cost for this whole project even though the 300 extra cameras sold for 1.5X the initial offer. This was definitely a passion project and not a business venture.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Dexheimer View Post
    Another interested one here. Even more interest if it could have the option to use multiple lenses, like the suggested 65 mm.

If its a one lens only deal, I would still be interested, but the price would have to be right for me to buy. I have a friend that made a 5x7 P&S out of a cake pan.
    What about a Graflok back and a cigar box?
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Cigar boxes are too expensive, Cheero's very common...

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post
    There's an idea. I'd rather a 5x7, though. A little easier over all. Could make acceptable sized prints by contact. A 165 Angulon would be the trick.