View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 103 of 299 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2986

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Syverson View Post
    Color me skeptical... I made a short video demonstrating the Travelwide on a tripod, complete with a film holder insertion or two. If you're doing something rougher than what I do in this video, God help you!

Edit: you'll notice that our spring back sticks a little bit—that's due to the gaffer's tape we've added to the camera, not the design. You'll also see the espresso machine which generates all my ideas.
    The video is saying it's private. Can you open it up? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by welly View Post
    The video is saying it's private. Can you open it up? Thanks!
    It will only play embedded in this page, not on Vimeo. It seems to be working for me—anyone else not able to see it?

It will only play embedded in this page, not on Vimeo. It seems to be working for me—anyone else not able to see it?
    Oh, I see. I was using my iPhone and it didn't have the video player. Can see it now!

Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    (P.S. How about a hole or two that lines up with a Mamiya or Pentax medium-format camera, so that a plate for one of those, with the alignment pin, would fit properly? Would adding such a hole affect the design or cost? It would not need to be metal lined. Mamiya uses two holes, Pentax one.)
    RRS makes a universal plate B-25 which nicely fits a Linhof, Graflex Speed Graphic and others. You may want to consider lining up the hole for one of those plates.

Cheers
    Andreas
    To infinity - and beyond...

Nice video! Looks good. I always load 4x5 that way, push the holder in and punch the camera a few times, LOL.

Just make sure the metal/plastic tripod socket at the bottom of the camera is strong enough so that it does not somehow break, that would be a bummer. I'm planning to use the TravelWide with a GorillaPod, it seems a little silly to carry around my Gitzo for that, although I could.

Here's one thing that will be a bit annoying. The Blik rangefinder covers two cold shoes, and the viewfinder takes one, leaving no place for a bubble level. Do they make cold shoe extenders that would stick out from under the Blik allowing me to mount my bubble level?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Kellogg View Post
    Here's one thing that will be a bit annoying. The Blik rangefinder covers two cold shoes, and the viewfinder takes one, leaving no place for a bubble level. Do they make cold shoe extenders that would stick out from under the Blik allowing me to mount my bubble level?
    Yeah, the Blik is annoyingly long, though that does give it a decent baselength. One option is to mount the Blik on the left-most shoe, leaving two free. It will extend past the camera to the left, which may or may not be a problem. The other option is to mount the bubble level on the front of the camera so that it's visible through the viewfinder...

Yeah, the Blik is annoyingly long, though that does give it a decent baselength. One option is to mount the Blik on the left-most shoe, leaving two free. It will extend past the camera to the left, which may or may not be a problem. The other option is to mount the bubble level on the front of the camera so that it's visible through the viewfinder...
    Yeah, but I don't want to see the bubble level when I compose every shot. Perhaps I will velcro it to the top of the viewfinder. ;-) Maybe I can glue another cold shoe to the top of the Blik.

Justin just sent me this drawing of the Really Right Stuff B25 anti-twist plate aligned with the camera... It looks to us like it will fit. So it looks like there's a solution for anti-twist after all! With that plate you should be able to take a baseball bat to the camera without twisting it, as long as you have a strong enough tripod and tripod head. Batter up!