View Poll Results: Desired Focal Length!

Voters
329. You may not vote on this poll
  • 65mm

98 29.79%
  • 90mm

231 70.21%
Page 55 of 299 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Re: Wanderlust 4x5 P&S

Yup, that is just how he would write!

LOL
    Tin Can

Ha ha, great post, Ben. I was going to mention that Ken is probably preoccupied with the new X-100S!

BTW, I cancelled my pre-order for the X100S in order to buy more Fujinon large format lenses. ;-) I love rangefinders, and the X-100S looks super cool, but I am kind of burned out on digital. The Wanderlust is 1/12th the price and probably just as much fun, if not more fun.

Ok, the post office just dropped off an Angulon so I'm ready to shoot. Where's the camera?

All the speeds seem fine, but it takes quite a bit of force to move to 1/400th from 1/200th. It seems to get stuck between those two speeds. Is that normal on those lenses or did I get a bad copy? I probably won't be shooting much at 1/400th but I'm just wondering why it is so hard to turn to the fastest shutter speed.

It's normal, I believe it's engaging another spring or something. Very doubtful it runs at full speed, likely just 1/250 or so.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Question for Ben: as I'm pledging financial assistance for your business endeavour, to help you fund the moulds for the cameras out of the goodness of my heart, for which you hope to be able to send me a camera as a gift and a token of your esteem, does this mean that the camera will be marked as a gift of negligible cash value on customs forms for those sent outside of the USA?

It's just that I'd hate Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs people to jump to the wrong conclusion and think that I'd actually bought a camera from you and charge me an extra 25% and spend weeks processing it when it comes into the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Kellogg View Post
    Ok, the post office just dropped off an Angulon so I'm ready to shoot. Where's the camera?

All the speeds seem fine, but it takes quite a bit of force to move to 1/400th from 1/200th. It seems to get stuck between those two speeds. Is that normal on those lenses or did I get a bad copy? I probably won't be shooting much at 1/400th but I'm just wondering why it is so hard to turn to the fastest shutter speed.
    Just make sure not to change the speed to 1/400 while the shutter is COCKED!. Change the speed first, then cock the shutter. Good rule to follow in any case, but will almost certainly damage this particular shutter.
    And yes, it's perfectly normal.
    -Brian

Quote Originally Posted by dave_whatever View Post
    Question for Ben: as I'm pledging financial assistance for your business endeavour, to help you fund the moulds for the cameras out of the goodness of my heart, for which you hope to be able to send me a camera as a gift and a token of your esteem, does this mean that the camera will be marked as a gift of negligible cash value on customs forms for those sent outside of the USA?

It's just that I'd hate Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs people to jump to the wrong conclusion and think that I'd actually bought a camera from you and charge me an extra 25% and spend weeks processing it when it comes into the UK.
    That's a good question. I'll ask someone from Kickstarter what the standard procedure is. For our last Kickstarter, I believe we marked them as gifts, since they were such tiny envelopes. But this may draw more scrutiny.

Brian, good point about not changing the speed while cocked. I'll need to draw up a little beginner's guide booklet to include in the box.

As of a moment ago... 50%!

Backers

$37,935
    pledged of $75,000 goal

days to go

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Syverson View Post
    Finally, our 3D printing process lets some light in (despite frantically taping it everywhere), so some of the haziness in our sample photos (especially in bright scenes) is probably due to the material.
    How much of an issue will the fogging be with, say, ASA100 film (B&W) and bright sunshine? Any thoughts on the increase of base fog? I would think the minimum time to take out the dark slide, shoot, and put back the darkslide is around 10-15 seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by mbisc View Post
    How much of an issue will the fogging be with, say, ASA100 film (B&W) and bright sunshine? Any thoughts on the increase of base fog? I would think the minimum time to take out the dark slide, shoot, and put back the darkslide is around 10-15 seconds...
    The 3D printing material was just used for the prototypes. The production cameras will be completely opaque--no fog issues.