Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New55 Project?

Re: New55 Project?

As someone who considers his position on polaroid somewhere between "Fanboy" and "addict", I know once New55 is commercially available, I am going to spend every spare dime I have on aquiring as much as possible. I adore the Fuji 3000B instant film, I just wish they still made in in 4x5.

I am "making due" with the smaller 405 film back until then!

I think, actually, that Polaroid is my most-owned camera brand in my meager, young collection. I have an SX-70, 600 Impulse AF, 600 OneStep, Spectra 1200, Automatic Land Camera 250, Miniportrait 201, and 600 SE. I used to have 2 automatic 250s, a 101 and a 230, but I offloaded the extras.

Needless to say...Instant is one of those things I just adore. There needs to be more of it, not less!
    Please, call me Erik.
    Find me on: Flickr Pentaxforums RangeFinderForum
    Omega View 45F Monorail, Super Graphic, Various Lenses (75, 90, 135, 150/265, 210)

funkadelic

Quote Originally Posted by unixrevolution View Post
    I adore the Fuji 3000B instant film, I just wish they still made in in 4x5.
    Call Dury's in Nashville, TN. When I was in there for some 120 film last week, they had cases of it they were putting on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    Call Dury's in Nashville, TN. When I was in there for some 120 film last week, they had cases of it they were putting on the shelf.
    There's a difference between "easily available" and "Still being made." I don't like the idea of hoarding discontinued film, especially since I should be getting used to the different crop factor anyway.

Besides which, I can get nearly 2 and a half times as much of the smaller stuff for the same money. I don't like shooting discontinued film because I'll search forever to find "Worthy" subjects instead of just enjoying it as I should.
    Please, call me Erik.
    Find me on: Flickr Pentaxforums RangeFinderForum
    Omega View 45F Monorail, Super Graphic, Various Lenses (75, 90, 135, 150/265, 210)

I've been following the New55 project closely for a while. It's not really a restart of Type 55, but a new film modeled after Type 55. One of the main advantages of the New55 film is that the print actually reflects the exposure of the negative, whereas it did not with Type 55.

indecent exposure cosmicexplosion's Avatar

maybe we could get a bit of a stock market going and chip in some pennys to get it on the shelf.

i mean if people are going to spend all there penny's on it, and money is one of there hurdles...

we the people for the people by the people...shoot the people!

andrushkiba
    through a glass darkly...

A film close to 55 that gives me a print which reflects the exposure of the negative makes me very happy. Man, this film can't reach the shelves fast enough. I hope the film will work in the 500 series holders. It would be the practical route. And hey, with Polaroid still around and Kodak focusing on film, things could get very interesting.

I have been reading as much as I can on the 55 Project. They are talking about a six dollar a sheet price. At a hundred twenty a box it is not going to be cheap. Hopefully, they can get that number down a bit.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

... not down a "bit", but it had better be down a "lot".

Yeah, your right Brian. I wonder how Mr Land started off. I mean, when I think about it, the Polaroid story is amazing.

I still have a box and a half of 4x5 type 55, and it is definitely my favorite 4x5 film! I saw a case at a recent studio closing sale priced at $200 per box!!! People just love that stuff...