Thread: Jerry Uelsmann December 10th-March 1st, 2012 at Peter Fetterman Gallery

Thumbs up Jerry Uelsmann December 10th-March 1st, 2012 at Peter Fetterman Gallery

Press Release
    Jerry Uelsmann December 10th-March 1st, 2012
    December 10, 2011 - March 1, 2012
    Using multiple negatives to produce his surreal, dreamlike photographs, Jerry Uelsmann has developed a singular artistic vision which has carried him through a nearly 50 year artistic career. Firmly entrenched in his traditional darkroom compositing practices, Uelsmann continues to produce magical and thought-provoking multi-layered imagery without the help of modern computer-base techniques. He received a Guggenheim Fellowship in 1967 and a National Endowment for the Arts Fellowship in 1972. He is a Fellow of the Royal Photographic Society of Great Britain, a founding member of the Society of Photographic Education and a former trustee of the Friends of Photography. His works are featured in the permanent collections of many of the world's most renowned museums and national galleries. He lives in Gainesville, Florida, with his wife, the artist Maggie Taylor.

This show is at the Bergamot Station where I work, however I work for another gallery. Just walked out of this show and it is truly breath-taking! I highly recommend you visit the show before the closing.

http://www.peterfetterman.com/exhibi...erry-uelsmann/

Peter Fetterman Gallery
    2525 Michigan Avenue Gallery A1
    Santa Monica, CA 90404
    Thanks,

Gabriel

Re: Jerry Uelsmann December 10th-March 1st, 2012 at Peter Fetterman Gallery

Thanks El Rooster, Uelsman is not my most favorite artist, but his work is unique to me and is well done.Will take a trip over there soon. I see the Gallery is not open Sunday have to wait tell next week.

Mike

I love both Jerry and Maggies work, the dynamic duo.

& Jerry is a really nice guy! I really have enjoyed his work since my college days 1980's, anyone that is inspired to do darkroom work should at least attempt to try the masking and composition imagery just to see how difficult it is to conceptualize and build imagery of this type.
    "Great things are accomplished by talented people who believe they will
    accomplish them."
    Warren G. Bennis

www.gbphotoworks.com

Burned my eyeballs out looking at an 1000 inch ruler, I agree , we take Photoshop for granted, most of what we do now on PS was inspired from manual PhotoComp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Blank View Post
    & Jerry is a really nice guy! I really have enjoyed his work since my college days 1980's, anyone that is inspired to do darkroom work should at least attempt to try the masking and composition imagery just to see how difficult it is to conceptualize and build imagery of this type.

Exactly, this work was done without any photoshop at all. Pre photoshop just using multiple enlargers. I bought an autographed book as well. Great gallery, I think it's my favorite photo gallery at the Bergamot Station.
    Thanks,

Gabriel