Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Tripod Bag

Cheap Tripod Bag

There are questions about tripods in another thread so here is a cheap tripod bag FWIW.

This idea for a tripod bag was given to me by one of the members here a while ago. I just added the small strap to my setup.

http://www.bigwavedave.tv/TBag.html

Try also rifle bags on the auction site...

Re: Cheap Tripod Bag

Like you suggest, I've started using the bag that one of those cheapo folding chairs come in. I think I got the chair as a giveaway somewhere, so the bag was essentially free.

If you need a bag for a Ries A100 with an A250 head, read this thread.

Charley

Quote Originally Posted by jonreid View Post
    Try also rifle bags on the auction site...
    Pre 9/11 maybe

[Police radio cracks] "Sarge, I have an old bearded guy down here taking pictures of the infrastructure with a very powerful camera, Over"

[Sargent] "Is he armed?, Over"

[Patrolman] "Yes, he has a high powered rifle, he looks like Ted Kazynski, and he keeps trying to hide his face with a cloth, Over"

[Sargent] "If he pops his head up again just shoot him and make something up, Read Me?"

[Patrolman] "10 4 Over and Out"

:<)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Tilden View Post
    Like you suggest, I've started using the bag that one of those cheapo folding chairs come in. I think I got the chair as a giveaway somewhere, so the bag was essentially free.
    Yeah those folding camp chairs eventually give out (perhaps a diet is in order?) But the bags they come in hold up remarkably well so I reuse them for different purposes---my Tiltall rides in a spiffy red & black Coleman bag
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

If the purpose is only to protect the tripod from the elements, I'd go with a garbage bag, the large green/black things. Less chance of getting it stolen that way, too.
    But the tripod is one thing I don't go to any length to baby; I bought the one I did so that I could use the crap out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    If the purpose is only to protect the tripod from the elements, I'd go with a garbage bag, the large green/black things. Less chance of getting it stolen that way, too.
    But the tripod is one thing I don't go to any length to baby; I bought the one I did so that I could use the crap out of it.
    I thought the purpose of a tripod bag was to be able to
    "sling it over your shoulder like a Continental soldier"
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

(Shrek)

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    I thought the purpose of a tripod bag was to be able to
    "sling it over your shoulder like a Continental soldier"
    Manfrotto/Bogen has/had a strap that attaches with a swivel to the top of the tripod (not the head), and has a loop at the other end you sling around the feet. Nothing extra, doesn't get in the way when the tripod is in use (well, not often), and impossible to lose since it's attached to the tripod. In fact, I don't know how to take it off, since the screw swivels.