Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: LFF Show at Freestyle

Re: LFF Show at Freestyle

Kav, I only meant to use the digital images for the selection process, not for the submission. I would prefer to get the final photograph (if accepted) printed locally and see it before it would be sent for the show. But there is enough time to get the details.
    Matus

I have no idea where I am now.

Matus, What I was thinking was use a digital image to judge the first round. (ie a digital image of the final print you are submitting) than go over actual prints for the final judging. So say we have 100 people send a digital image and narrow it down to 30. Then ship 30 prints in for the final judging for say 15 spots. I'm just pulling our random numbers and like you said we have lots of time to hammer this all out.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Just things to think about, not advocating any position...

Is size a consideration? If one photographer submits 32x40-inch framed works, and another 8x10-inch framed works, will each be held to the same number?

Could the show be hung salon-style (floor-to-ceiling, packed fairly tight) if the numbers and quality merit it?

Decisions, decisions...

BTW, I've heard salon-style hanging is making a minor comeback. For those unfamiliar with it, it packs in a lot more work than the modern, more "economical" style of hanging:

"I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Quote Originally Posted by Tori Nelson View Post
    Is this a "just for boys" club, or can the girls play too?
    I'm a couple of hours away but would still be willing to help in some way.
    Tori, Darlin, ladies of all sorts are welcome.... Plenty of plates and beer to serve, and lots of dishes to wash. Bring all your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by danno@cnwl.igs View Post
    Tori, Darlin, ladies of all sorts are welcome.... Plenty of plates and beer to serve, and lots of dishes to wash. Bring all your friends.
    Love it! I do bake, maybe I could forgo the dishes for the oven...

Geezus, there ain't no show yet. If someone has a space they want to devote to LFPF, why not just put everyone out of their misery?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sawyer View Post
    Is size a consideration? If one photographer submits 32x40-inch framed works, and another 8x10-inch framed works, will each be held to the same number?
    Again, for those unfamiliar with the Freestyle Gallery, it is quite small, with normal ceiling height (~30X30X10?). I'm pretty sure the largest I've seen there is 20X24 with mostly 16X20 or smaller. For example, there is only room for perhaps 8 to 10 of my 30x40 (36x48) framed works, which is fine by me. Your puny pix will only look sickly shoe-horned between mine ( ).

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sawyer View Post
    Could the show be hung salon-style (floor-to-ceiling, packed fairly tight) if the numbers and quality merit it?

Decisions, decisions...

BTW, I've heard salon-style hanging is making a minor comeback. For those unfamiliar with it, it packs in a lot more work than the modern, more "economical" style of hanging:
    ...see previous response regarding room height. This is a very pedestrian way to hang art. Your pieces will require at least a step stool, or kneepads, to examine when mine ( ) are hung at normal standard height.

Sheesh!

if this weren't the LFF Show, i'd submit 35mm platinum contact prints (going in the completely opposite direction...)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim collum View Post
    if this weren't the LFF Show, i'd submit 35mm platinum contact prints (going in the completely opposite direction...)
    Yeah, but you could mat them in a 20x24 mat, to demonstrate that they are Art and To Be Taken Seriously.

Rick "who has seen some mighty big mats on mighty small prints" Denney

I have patented a way of showing my prints wet, water slowly flows on my prints to give you the originator experience, must have Thomsons lighting the room.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    Yeah, but you could mat them in a 20x24 mat, to demonstrate that they are Art and To Be Taken Seriously.

Rick "who has seen some mighty big mats on mighty small prints" Denney

Just curious to know if any further progress has been made with Freestyle, or if there was an approximate timeline for their decision making.

Itching for an update