Thread: Zone vi compensating development timer

Zone vi compensating development timer

I thought Calumet was still selling the Zone VI compensating development timer so I started to order one. When I looked on their website all I could find was the Zone VI ENLARGER compensating tiemr. I emailed Calumet and they said that it wasnt listed in their database. When did they quit making the compensating timer and does anyone know of a source of used ones?

These are very frequently available on eBay.

Try this: http://www.rhdesigns.co.uk/process.html

It's too bad it's been discontinued. I use mine for all my development, paper and film. Especially film. I get very consistent results.

The one that Manuel referenced by rhdesigns looks like it's as good as or better than the Zone VI one, though.

I looked at the rhdesigns timer.

"Compensation mode allows time adjustments of -100% to +100% to be made easily and accurately while timing is in progress thereby allowing easy compensation for temperature variations."

It looks good. I'll send them a email and check it out. Does anyone have any experiance with their ProcessMaster timer?

I just read the online owner's manual for the RHDesigns ProcessMaster. The ProcessMaster timer uses a temperature probe like the Zone VI compensating development timer but the ProcessMaster does not autopmatically adjust development time based on temperature. It allows you to manually compensate for defferent starting temperatures by entering a + or - % to adjust for your regular developing time at the start of development.

I just checked with Calumet, and they still carry both the Zone VI compensating enlarging and developing timers. They are on back order. The expected delivery date for the enlarging timer is mid February. The expected delivery date for the developing timer is March.

I asked about the possibility of these timers having been discontinued, and the sales person said that, if that were so, they wouldn't have delivery dates.