Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation needed for VOIP phone and apple extreme

Recommendation needed for VOIP phone and apple extreme

have been with Packet 8 phones for a few years, but they say their phones have problems with Apple Extreme which I just bought.

So I need to change companies. Anyone have some good recommendations. thanks

Re: Recommendation needed for VOIP phone and apple extreme

http://forums.macnn.com/92/networkin...-work-my-voip/

...not sure what this has to do with large format photography(?)

thanks, well not much info on this. so this forum has a business section. Maybe someone can help. mac nn not doing the job...

You shouldn't needlessly run VOIP through a wifi router (To appease the KISS principle, and for best quality). Packet8 is likely a typical VOIP provider and switching companies won't fix things. Bypassing the apple router that's the apparent cause of your problem would.

Quote Originally Posted by kevs-2323668 View Post
    have been with Packet 8 phones for a few years, but they say their phones have problems with Apple Extreme which I just bought.

So I need to change companies. Anyone have some good recommendations. thanks
    Take a look at the Ooma Telo.

http://www.ooma.com/products/ooma-telo

I have one and it works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Bryant View Post
    Take a look at the Ooma Telo.

http://www.ooma.com/products/ooma-telo

I have one and it works very well.
    That's the info I gave him (via a link to a thread in macnn) but he didn't seem to understand that.

Mererkat, I started that thread on Macnn, so I understood it. You have bad attitude -- please do not respond to anymore of my post in the future. thanks.

D- thanks, I may give them a call based on your and T's recommendations. So no problem with quality of sounds or other issues? I have to change because of packet 8 does not work with Apple if you can believe that.

Funny, you Google voip reviews and there are like 5 sites and Ooma does not come up any anything/ anywhere. How did you hear of Ooma?

Packet 8 includes the adapter for free, I think Vonage does too, not Ooma?

I currently use Ooma (they come up for sale frequently enough on Woot, which is where I got mine), and have used both Vonage and Voicepulse previously. In my experience I have found that Ooma's quality is a little lower than either Vonage and Voicepulse, however the price (Federal and state taxes only, so $3.30/month for me) can't be beat. That said, international calls on Ooma are a bit more expensive than either Vonage or Voicepulse (they have a semi-hidden connection fee), and if you buy their "premier package" the price is very similar.

In my experience I have found that Ooma's quality is a little lower than either Vonage and Voicepulse,
    Perhaps you had some QOS issues through your router. It can make a difference for VOIP. I do nothing special for my Oomaa Telo and quality is excellent.

D, I don't know what that means, QOS, Packet 8 just says they have issues with Apple's router. You think the router will have issues with other/ all voips? Guy, T, on other thread says he does fine with Apple Extreme and Ooma.
    Is the Telo, a separate fee? So you have excellent sound, but Jason, you found the sound was not as good as the others used?
    $3.30 month? how did that get so low? I do see they advertise a free program.
    How hear of Ooma? are they well known? I have only heard of Vonage and Packet 8, and on review sites Ooma never comes up at all.