Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norway contact

Norway contact

Hallo

I would like to go to Norway. To get a job or emigrate, Poland is annoying me. Are any mambers from Norway here? Is it difficult to get a job as a photographer there? Or mayby large format photograoher? If someone is in Norway now, please contact me I have got some quastions.

Thanks.

Re: Norway contact

It would have been easier if Norway had remained as part of Denmark (Napoleon's fault - this is history not politics, dear moderators!) so the general EU guidelines would have applied.
    There are both native Norwegian and resident "other EU citizens" active here.
    It will be difficult to keep politics out of the thread, though.

Yes, Norwegians are here. There are 1000-2000 jobs as photographer, and this is also so many that are graduation from photo-classes each year: no vacant photo-jobs, unless you are willing to work as a waiter, engineer, nurse, repair-man, carpenter, driver or diver ;-)

I am tired by politics. And I prefer to choose rich non EU country to work and live.

Canada, One of the great countries of the world. Full of natural resources and wonderful and intelligent people.

Maybe think about the advertisement field - break in at a lower level then claw your way up.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Is there any place on earth that people still admire photos made using classic methods? Or maybe digital plastic cameras rules everywhere?

I was born a hundred years too late.

If you were born 100 years ago, in Poland,, you would probably be dead within seven years, from WW one or the Flu, but, yes, Paris or Vienna would have been nice then.
    I think people will always admire the classic methods; but keep it as a hobby.
    Nathan; yes, Canada is nice but we try to keep it a secret, being as reserved as we are.

Have you seen the price of booze in Norway...............stay at home, their winters are horrid as well.....
    Pete.

100 years ago Cracow in Galicja was the part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. It was a independent part of federation. In the mountains (south of Poland) people say that life never (before or after) was so easy like it was when the Emperor Franz Joseph ruled.

When Poland was free after the I world war in mid 20s and 30s Warsaw was the culture capital of central europe. At that time many artist arrived from Paris and Berlin to Warsaw. Later came Hitler and rase Warsaw.

It was not so bad after all

That was brought home to me this past year when I was on a Danube cruise from the Black Sea. It really demonstrated the loss of Central and Easten Europe from the consciousness of The West since the Iron curtain. Bucharest, Belgrade and Warsaw must have been wonderfull then (is you had money).