Thread: Linhof technika serial numbers

Linhof technika serial numbers

Hi folks

I'm looking at a 4x5 Linhof Technika on ebay. The seller has provided scant information about the camera, but says that the serial number is 37379.

From the picture, I think it's a Technika IV.

But, as far as I can tell from reading other sites, NO Technikas were manufactured with serial numbers between 37105 and 49,999 (inclusive).

What conclusions should I draw, apart from the obvious one that the seller has made an error?

I presume that the serial number is on the shoe. Could it have been changed?

The seller seems to have a good ebay record, but I've been singed a couple of times with goods not being as described.

Thanks - Dario

Re: Linhof technika serial numbers

Not a listed Humber for a post WW II Technika make sure he is giving the camera',s serial number

Re: Linhof technika serial numbers

Thanks Bob. I've noticed that you have answered innumerable questions of this sort over the years, and I'm sure many people appreciate your efforts as much as I do.

It surprises me that a complete set of numbers is not available from Linhof and also that no one seems to have constructed a definitive list elsewhere on the web.