Thread: question on 47 Super Angulon

question on 47 Super Angulon

I would like to know if the Schneider 47 super Angulon will work on my Sinar F p lus, as I would like to have a 120 medium format ultra wide lens to use with my 120 roll film 6 x 7 backs. Will there be any difficulties in focusing Etc? Will movements be restricted ?( I currently have the mandatory Wide Angle bellows whi ch I use with my 90 Grandagon N.)Or is a 65 mm lens a wiser choice since its usable as a 4 x 5 lens and a not so wide 120 lens? I would greatly appreciate some answers. Thanks Bug Nieva,bugnieva@info.com.ph

I have the regular 47mm (not the new XL), and use it with a Sinar P. I had a recessed lens board custom made to accomodate this short focal length lens. I did not try it without a recessed board, but I believe it is necessary. I have the 65mm lens too, and both standards are close to the center rail mount with a flat board at infinity, so I suspect the 47mm would not work on a flat board. I took a Cambo recessed board and dropped it into a Sinar flat board. The Sinar board had the center part machined out in a square shape so the Cambo board would drop in.

Another way to get the standards close enough together to use a short (65mm or less) focal length lens on a Sinar is to move the tripod collar behind the rear standard. It has been a while since I used a Sinar but as I remember you'll also need to use a recessed board to get the 47mm lens close enough to the film plane.

Thanks for the answers guys.I will probably have to get the recessed board, and move the Tripod collar behind the rear standards.As for the wide angle bellows I might just stick with Standard Bag bellows as I plan to use the lens for Roll film only. Juan Antonio F. Nieva/ bugnieva@info.com.ph