Thread: linhof sunk plate / cable release compatibility

linhof sunk plate / cable release compatibility

i have mounted an 80 xl on to a linfof sunk plate for use on my tecnika. and was overjoyed to find that they fold up neatly in the camera.

however the super linhof designers have deemed that a standard cable relese is not good enough to attatch to there lensboard and have cooked up some new fitting that is not compatible with my cables.

does anyone knew a way round this seemingly absurd overlook? or am i missing something and is this a new invention of which i am not capable of grasping its true consiquence?

thanks

You need the Linhof Cable Release and the Linhof Cable Release Nipple. These are available from any Linhof Service Center.

You might try this: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=WishList.jsp&A=details&Q=&sku=233735&is=REG

Gepe 3.25" Flexible Cable Release Extension for Large Format Lenses Mounted in Recessed Lensboards - $17.95

I removed the ridiculous Linhof gadget and use the Gepe adapter with a 150 Linhof Sironar (58mm filter) mounted on a Linhof recessed. Your 80XL is larger so I won't promise that it will work but I am 99% sure it will.

nice one!, thanks frank.

carrying 2 cable releases and a nipple is a recipie for disaster, we have enough potential for error working in l.f. without forgetting/losing a "nipple" which only work on one board.

common sense really.

hey bob, i see you are the gepe distributor, is there anywhere i can get one of these intelegent devices mail order that is not a complicated as b.h.? i.e. that i don't need to contact 2 different departments and send faxes of photocopies of my cards as well?

thanks

Gepe products can be ordered from any dealer listed on our web site.

ok, thanks

Re: linhof sunk plate / cable release compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by violin View Post
    i have mounted an 80 xl on to a linfof sunk plate for use on my tecnika. and was overjoyed to find that they fold up neatly in the camera.

however the super linhof designers have deemed that a standard cable relese is not good enough to attatch to there lensboard and have cooked up some new fitting that is not compatible with my cables.

does anyone knew a way round this seemingly absurd overlook? or am i missing something and is this a new invention of which i am not capable of grasping its true consiquence?

thanks
    Violin,
    which linhof sunk plate are you exactly using with your 80XL? Is it the 16mm
    recess by any chance? How comfortably or uncomfortably can you get to the
    lens controls? Ralf

Glenn Mellen

Quote Originally Posted by violin View Post
    nice one!, thanks frank.

carrying 2 cable releases and a nipple is a recipie for disaster, we have enough potential for error working in l.f. without forgetting/losing a "nipple" which only work on one board.

common sense really.

hey bob, i see you are the gepe distributor, is there anywhere i can get one of these intelegent devices mail order that is not a complicated as b.h.? i.e. that i don't need to contact 2 different departments and send faxes of photocopies of my cards as well?

thanks

My Grandagon-N 75mm f4.5 fits very tightly in the Linhof recessed board... I've removed the Linhof contraption which at times gave problems, and installed the 3" Gepe cable extensions. It works very well even in tight situations.....

I've got one lens with that "thing." Is there a release which can also be used for my plain old Compur shutters (and might even be fitted into the anatomic grip)?>
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)