Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My New (Jan 12, 2012) Website

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

Re: My New (Jan 12, 2012) Website

I like it Frank, very nice
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"

I also like it, straightforward and simple.

Red face Re: My New (Jan 12, 2012) Website

Very Nice, I looked at it on my recent Macbook pro and on my old G5 with 23 in screen.
    Macbook very fast rendering, old G5 not bad either. The dynamic resizing and the large size of images on a large screen works great and does justice to your photography.

The navigation between thumbnails and images is great, does not require any precise positioning by mouse or touch stroke. Clear red, large floating nav symbols.... like!

Background of thumbnails is last views image... Hmm..can't say I particulary like it, it's a design choice that **could** be distracting, but once you get used to it, it really isn't. You'd have to see alternatives to make that choice.

I'd say one of the better photo display sites. Clean menus, good navigation > Nice site!!

Photography ain't bad either....

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    Having been in the IT world for over 30 years...
    Eric, is it true that every IT department has more men named Steve than it has females?

Jeezzz i now have to work on my own website... really good Frank...

On the red nav symbols, you might want to increase the area in the centre of the pict where the thumbnail symbol is active. When I first played with it, I did not notice it at first. You display that symbol in something like 20% of the image width and the arrows the rest. You'd expect the arrows to be at the edge and It's good that they are not JUST on the edge. Maybe something like 30%, 40%, 30% would work. Also I think the thumbnail symbol could have the same vertical height as the arrows. AKA bigger.

I am nit-picking of course. I really like that nav system, but that's one optimization you might want to play with.

Also, you don't make much deal about print sales, you might want at least your email address right on that page. Yeah, it's in the menu.... but you know...

More hardcore would be to have a "Buy this print" on each photo display which would kick you over to the buy print page with THAT picture inserted and the info how you do your sales. But maybe you don't want that kind of in-your-face sales presentation...

....just some suggestion riffs...

Quote Originally Posted by William McEwen View Post
    Eric, is it true that every IT department has more men named Steve than it has females?
    Well if any one of them would actually talk rather than grunt, I might have learned their names. But alas ....... You are correct in assuming there is a critical shortage of estrogen in most IT departments. Although in one IT department here in Cowtown they had some Russian gals working. There was great debate on whether they were actually females though. I would not have wanted to piss them off!
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.

Awesome site Frank. There's no questions as to who envisioned and created these images. Your large foot print need no signature.
    Don't change anything but keep new images coming.