January 27 – March 10, 2012, ZIA|Gallery presents works by John Vlahakis.
Enticed by color, patterns and rhythms of nature, the viewer will be lured right into the heart of each photograph.

Vlahakis, who works both digitally and with film, states, “In my photography, I try to capture the drama and beauty of the world that surrounds us. This current work of images seeks to capture the inner beauty of the natural that lies within our grasp. Not quite abstract, but reflective of the light and moment of the day captured within each image from a different perspective. Visually I am drawn by the color and light that each living organism reflects and exhibits within their own singular existence. The desire is to celebrate the living color and light that we all play in. It is my desire to raise individuals’ appreciation of our surrounding environment.”

Vlahakis is a member of the American Society of Media Photographers. His works can be found in the National Hellenic Museum, Chicago, IL and in corporate and private collections.

ZIA|Gallery is noted for sensational opening receptions where all are welcome to meet the artist, soak in the art, and enjoy delicious refreshments. John Vlahakis’s opening reception will take place at ZIA|Gallery, 548 Chestnut St., Winnetka, IL 60093 from 5:00 – 7:30PM, Friday, January 27. The gallery is two short blocks from the Metra Train Station. Contact the gallery at 847-446-3970 and check out www.ZIAgallery.net.