Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Support Freestyle

Re: Support Freestyle

Freestyle is great! They have a good selection of product, fantastic service and fair prices...oh and quick shipping. I buy all my film from them.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

I've dealt with Freestle for fifteen or so years as a high school photo teacher and as an individual, and never had an issue. I always feel good recommending them.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    They do.

Just select USPS Priority Mail or First Class Mail.
    It gets scanned on delivery but does not require a signature.

I get one or two shipments from B&H every week using this method.

- Leigh
    You're right. I double checked my mail and I had asked about sending UPS without a signature, because US Mail cost more and was usually slower. I can do that - and may, for paper they are much cheaper on or for things Freestyle doesn't carry / are out of. I will still buy a lot from Freestyle though.

Richard M. Coda

I started using FS back in the 1980s when they were the only place you could get Oriental paper from. Most recently, again, I ordered Oriental paper from them and needed it fast. I ordered expedited shipping. They called me the next day to tell me that regular shipping would be here one day earlier at a cheaper cost and credited my CC. Since all the brick and mortar stores are disappearing and I don't have to worry about religious holiday blackouts... they are my go to place going forward.
    Photographs by Richard M. Coda
    my blog
    Primordial: 2010 - Photographs of the Arizona Monsoon
    "Speak softly and carry an 8x10"
    "I shoot a HYBRID - Arca/Canham 11x14"

Quote Originally Posted by Richard M. Coda View Post
    I started using FS back in the 1980s when they were the only place you could get Oriental paper from. Most recently, again, I ordered Oriental paper from them and needed it fast. I ordered expedited shipping. They called me the next day to tell me that regular shipping would be here one day earlier at a cheaper cost and credited my CC. Since all the brick and mortar stores are disappearing and I don't have to worry about religious holiday blackouts... they are my go to place going forward.
    And - once again, as far as I know, they are the exclusive dealer for a great paper, Adox. MCC 110 is my new favorite paper. I think Freestyle is the exclusive dealer for Adox in North America.

In warm tone papers I do use Ilford and the New York stores are less expensive on that.

I try to spread my purchases between Freestyle, Adorama and B&H.
    Freestyles film prices are a bit higher so i have purchased a lot of film from Adorama over the last two years and have had excellent service. Adorama often offer free shipping with USPS but they often ship UPS 3 days still without shipping charge.

Whether i get a UPS or FedEx delivery i don't sign anything, it is possible to sign a waiver with both companies after which they will drop any shipment at your door.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Pedersen View Post
    I try to spread my purchases between Freestyle, Adorama and B&H.
    Freestyles film prices are a bit higher so i have purchased a lot of film from Adorama over the last two years and have had excellent service. Adorama often offer free shipping with USPS but they often ship UPS 3 days still without shipping charge.

Whether i get a UPS or FedEx delivery i don't sign anything, it is possible to sign a waiver with both companies after which they will drop any shipment at your door.
    Good to know. Maybe I need to check with them. I wouldn't mind if I were getting the rare shipment of something expensive but for a bit of film or paper it's a huge PITA.

See B&H's shipment info pop up and you'll see why I was reluctant. I've ordered from them in the far past with no problems.

Actually forgot to include Badger Graphics, bought quite a bit of TMY 8x10 there before it was made special order.

My custom is split between Freestyle (Foma paper and Arista .edu Ultra film) and Badger (Ilford) with a little B&H thrown in for good measure.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Freestyle is one of my regular suppliers for paper and chemistry - great selection and service. I have incurred HAZMAT charges (in addition to regular shipping charges) for certain chemicals (Rodinal and other chemistry with the HAZMAT classification). This is standard practice; B&H and several other suppliers will no ship HAZMAT at all.