Thread: www.collodionquarterly.com

www.collodionquarterly.com

The site is up, and we are making it happen!

Thank you to everyone who helped get this funded and to all those getting on board every day. We are very excited and very happy to be able to get the chance to make this come together.

Please take a second and head on over to the site and check it out. Reach out to us if you see anything that you can be a part of.

http://www.collodionquarterly.com

Re: www.collodionquarterly.com

We are running out of room for studios and products. Whoever wants to grab up some ad space, please contact us. http://ads@collodionquarterly.com

Believe me you will be among some of the most trusted and respected teachers, artists and product suppliers in the collodion world.

We have already have a library of over 800 newly submitted images and that grows daily. There is work that has not been shown anywhere else, and classic photos that are simply priceless.

Thanks everyone!

Congratulations! Everything looks great.

And I have to say, I really have 'community envy'. I can only hope that someday dry plate photography (my little corner of happy insanity) will have as many practitioners.

The very best to you all,
    d

Dry plate works are welcome. We are focused on the use of collodion as a whole. Yes wet plate is going to be at the forefront of our publication, but there is no way we would leave out other works done in collodion if they are outstanding. Nor would we exclude a studio or product since it uses dry plates. There are many things that cross over fro dry to wet. Its just one big happy family!

Will information/images of Collodion POP be included in your quarterly?
    van Huyck Photography
    "Searching for the moral justification for selfishness" JK Galbraith

Alas, I shoot silver gelatin dry plates. But, I know I'll be a faithful reader, especially if you include collodion POP prints. Beautiful process!
    d

Yes we will be covering anything and everything that can be done with collodion. Wet plate is growing in interest to more and more people, and there is so much more to be learned about it.

It goes the same for many of the secondary processes and printing techniques that are derived from the use of collodion. We are trying to put together a solid international publication that has something for everyone who practices photographic processes that utilize collodion.

Each quarter will be filled with more then enough info, images and insight to make either the professional or novice start thinking of how to use it in their work.

Pop prints are indeed very important to us, and they will be at home between our pages. So with great hope we invite you all to subscribe and be happily surprised with everything you find in The Collodion Quarterly.