Thread: Changing Hobbies in Manitoba

Changing Hobbies in Manitoba

Some of my hobbys, metal casting from a home foundry, turning out small projects on my metal lathe, refining precious metals from urban waste. Spent the first part of this year buying scrap cars to get a better price on the catylitic cinverters which have platinum inside.

It was this platinum inside the converters that led me back into an old hobby with a twist, years ago I shot 35mm this round I'm wired for platinum photography. Obsessed would be puting it mildly.

To pay for some of my purhases I've been selling off some of my shop equipmen, yes it's time to retire.

Research tells me you can print negative off an inkjet for use in contact platinum printing, so I thought why not throw a bit of digial into the works.

This is what I have purchased so far, a 8 x 10 Cambo with a kodak commecial lens, a 4 x 5 Cambo, a megavision T32 scan back and have a 44" HP Z3200 printer on order. Later on I want to add a Sony A900 to my gear, I already have a very good assorment of Minolta AF lenes.

I felt that the HP Z3200PS at $4975.00 for a brand new printer was a good price especially since HP has profile files avaialbe for printing negatives for platinum.plus a blog and forum dedicated to platinum printing.

I'm 62 years old and hope to be an active member here for a long time to come, hopfully one day I can contribute to the community.

Re: Changing Hobbies in Manitoba

Welcome to group therapy / insane asylum from a former resident of Winterpeg.

The digital stuff is well beyond my megar area of knowledge, but there should be more than a few people here that could help answer your questions.

At 62, you likely well fit into the demographics here and are likely aware that at that age, one can be old and cranky.

There is a lot of information available on the LF Home Page, and the Search function works fairly well, so would suggest you use those as a first resort, then ask questions.

Hope you find that helpful,

Len

Simple search for the following does not work, Epson or negative. Checked box's above for posts and others with the same results.

Welcome to the large format forum, gustavus.