Thread: Alert function

Alert function

A suggestion for ease of use for members.

Another photo site I frequent has a function where you can click a statement that essentially says "notify me of responses" so you can more easily keep up with any particular thread when a new contribution is made. You get a simple email notice with a link back to the thread of interest.

Any chance that could be implemented here? It would certainly make it much simpler to keep up with threads and contributions that you have an interest in.
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg

Re: Alert function

It already exists.

If you go to your settings there is a way to default to "on" the setting that subscribes you to any thread you contribute to. Then under Quick Links, you can view those threads.

If you want to subscribe to a thread without participating go under Thread Tools (the menu at the top right of the thread display) and click Subscribe to this Thread.

Edit: you can also choose on a per thread basis if you want to be notified when there are new posts.

The auto-subscribe thing is under "Edit Options" under "My Settings"

Thanks, John. I knew I couldn't have been the first to wonder about this. I just hadn't gotten deep enough into the controls to figure it out.

Have a great Christmas!
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg