Thread: Epson R2000 Review and First Look

Epson R2000 Review and First Look

The Epson R2000 started shipping a couple of weeks back. It is the replacement for the R1900. We have a review and first look at the printer here if you're in the market for a new machine:

http://redriverpaper.com/s/r2000

Feel free to contact us with any questions.

Drew Hendrix
    Red River Paper

Unhappy Re: Epson R2000 Review and First Look

I just the new R2000 this week. Started out printing and feeding paper just fine. I switched to an 80 card job using standard sized 8.5 by 11 inch Premium Presentation Paper Epson Matte. It's a paper that is recommended for use with this printer. So after approx 15 cards it started having paper feed issues. It just wouldn't feed the paper. Fine up until then. Turned it off...and closed the program and turned the computer off. Restarted and reset everything again and it printed roughly 16 cards and stopped feeding the paper again. We were feeding one sheet at a time. We tried both the single sheet tray and the bulk feed tray and a few other creative back slot feeding attempts. It either refuses to feed the paper at all or accepts it and passes the sheet all the way through without printing. It also printed two sheets off as if it started printing in the middle of one and ended about an 1/8 of a sheet too short on another.

This is a large and complicated project as far as constructing the cards but the printing is just direct printing except for borderless selection. We've done some adjustments to save ink on the disaster prints in hopes we could get printer to start printing again. So far nothing. Turning on and off does not produce any results. It looks a lot like the issues we've experienced with an Artisan printer that's a year old & out of warranty. With that printer it's intermittent but in this case there seems to be no fixing the problem. Yes the R2000 is under warranty being brandnew this week but we live a bit off the beaten path and no way would we get a replaced unit in time to finish this work. EPSON this printer is sucking all the joy out of the Holiday spirit. HELP....anyone?

Re: Epson R2000 Review and First Look

Well, I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. I don't have the printer you speak of, but am thinking that this may well be a driver related issue as opposed to a hardware one. Are your drivers up to date?

Which OS are your running the machine from?

Re: Epson R2000 Review and First Look

Quote Originally Posted by LasMT2 View Post
    I just the new R2000 this week. Started out printing and feeding paper just fine. I switched to an 80 card job using standard sized 8.5 by 11 inch Premium Presentation Paper Epson Matte. It's a paper that is recommended for use with this printer. So after approx 15 cards it started having paper feed issues. It just wouldn't feed the paper. Fine up until then. Turned it off...and closed the program and turned the computer off. Restarted and reset everything again and it printed roughly 16 cards and stopped feeding the paper again. We were feeding one sheet at a time. We tried both the single sheet tray and the bulk feed tray and a few other creative back slot feeding attempts. It either refuses to feed the paper at all or accepts it and passes the sheet all the way through without printing. It also printed two sheets off as if it started printing in the middle of one and ended about an 1/8 of a sheet too short on another.

This is a large and complicated project as far as constructing the cards but the printing is just direct printing except for borderless selection. We've done some adjustments to save ink on the disaster prints in hopes we could get printer to start printing again. So far nothing. Turning on and off does not produce any results. It looks a lot like the issues we've experienced with an Artisan printer that's a year old & out of warranty. With that printer it's intermittent but in this case there seems to be no fixing the problem. Yes the R2000 is under warranty being brandnew this week but we live a bit off the beaten path and no way would we get a replaced unit in time to finish this work. EPSON this printer is sucking all the joy out of the Holiday spirit. HELP....anyone?
    Welcome to the large format photography forum and thanks for your first post here. But I have to ask - what made you think of the large format photography forum as a place to seek help with a problem printing Christmas cards? Since time is apparently critical, wouldn't this problem be better discussed with Epson rather than looking for help on a forum devoted to large format photography?
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.