Thread: Horizontal Photos with Arca-Swiss and Tensioning an Arca Ballhead

Horizontal Photos with Arca-Swiss and Tensioning an Arca Ballhead

I am in France with an new arca-swiss disovery and I have a couple of quick, i.e. dumb, questions.

I have figured out the controls except for one thing. How do I get the camea back into position for horizontal photos? Presumably it revolves, but I can't figure out how.

Also, I need to increase the tension on my ballhead, a B1, because this camera is too heavy for the current tension. I don't have the instructions with me on increasing tension. Can someone tell me how to go about it?

Thanks.

1.) the groundglass frame does not revolve but the position is chanagable in the same way that the bellows is interchangable. There is a self locking latch at the top ofthe format frame that slides up to unlock . After you unlock the latch. tilt the back andease out the groundglasss frame, change the orientation and the reverse the procedure to reattach the groundglass frame.

2.) Assuming you have a b1 Monoball (there is a larger older Monoball that is the father of theGraf Studioball and Foba Superball) there is a little thumbscrew in the controlknob. Tighten the control knob and loosen the tension knob. if is a relatively new B1 this should be self stopping before it completely unscrews. Now loosen the control knob to the point where youare comfortable with the degree of minimum tension given the weight & balance of the camera. Atthat pointtighten the thumbscrew. When you remove the camera from the tripod tighten the control knob to "finger tight"; this will prevent the occassional "freeze" problem some people have experienced.

You can contact the Arca-Swiss factory at arca-swiss@swissonline.ch

Jean-Louis Llech

Pouvez-vous me communiquer votre adresse e-mail directement ?
    Je souhaiterais vous donner une information hors forum.
    Merci
    jean-Louis Llech

Ellis,

Thanks re the B1. It was the part about loosening the control knob after loosening the screw that I'd forgotten.

Yes, there's a latch at the back as in the front. It was just being a bit tight.

Ellis,

By “finger tight” do you mean that the head should be transported slightly tensioned?

Thanks, G.S.

Jean Louis,

Vous pouvez avoir l'adresse de messagerie de n'importe qui sur ce forum en cliquant sur son nom...20 sec. après ...tadaaaa...et voilà...

Geoffrey, yes, that is what I mean. as opposed to tightened with full wrist or arm strength.

Jean-Louis Llech

Bonjour,
    Je n'ai pas la réponse à votre question, n'utilisant ni l'Arca ni la Ballhead. Je suis "Linhofiste", pas "Arcadien" ;>)
    Toutefois, comme vous êtes en France, savez-vous qu'il existe l'équivalent de ce site ?
    Allez à Forum Galerie Photo et posez votre question.
    Vous trouverez une bonne centaine d'utilisateurs de chambres, et je suis persuadé que vous aurez vos réponses très rapidement et sans problème.
    Ce forum dépend du site français sur la photo haute définition Galerie Photo

Cordialement,

Jean-Louis Llech